New Apt, Night 1 (Let's Hope It Gets Better From Here)
So, check the time on this post and you will see that it is rather late (early) on Tuesday (Wednesday). I'm normally asleep at this time of the day (night), but not tonight. No, no, no.
Here I was, all curled up and warm, nestled under the blankets and 500-thread-count sheets (they're new!) in my big, comfy bed...when all of a sudden, there arose such a clatter...(sorry)...this shrieking, piercing, loud noise rips through the apartment. The damn fire alarm is going off! So, I throw on some clothes, make sure that nothing in our apartment is afire, grab my purse, my laptop and Maureen and headed down the stairs to meet up with our neighbors.
As you can tell, because I am now typing this, instead of one that states, "all my possessions burned to ash when my apartment burnt down last night," my apartment was not on fire, nor was the building that houses my apartment. Something set the buildings alarm off...no one's sure of what it was, but the firemen were kind enough to dismantle the buildings alarm system so that we could all go back inside. Aparently, they are even waiting outside until the buildings maintenance can come in and fix it, so that we are not left without fire alarm protection.
All in all, its been a rocky "first" night for me. I hope its uphill from here.
Goodnight.
Here I was, all curled up and warm, nestled under the blankets and 500-thread-count sheets (they're new!) in my big, comfy bed...when all of a sudden, there arose such a clatter...(sorry)...this shrieking, piercing, loud noise rips through the apartment. The damn fire alarm is going off! So, I throw on some clothes, make sure that nothing in our apartment is afire, grab my purse, my laptop and Maureen and headed down the stairs to meet up with our neighbors.
As you can tell, because I am now typing this, instead of one that states, "all my possessions burned to ash when my apartment burnt down last night," my apartment was not on fire, nor was the building that houses my apartment. Something set the buildings alarm off...no one's sure of what it was, but the firemen were kind enough to dismantle the buildings alarm system so that we could all go back inside. Aparently, they are even waiting outside until the buildings maintenance can come in and fix it, so that we are not left without fire alarm protection.
All in all, its been a rocky "first" night for me. I hope its uphill from here.
Goodnight.

2 Comments:
That sucks. I remember crap like that used to happen in the dorm like once a quarter. Standing outside in your PJs in the cold is never fun.
3 a.m. wakeup call. That doesn't sound too fun! That used to happen to me at Archstone all the time. One of the many reasons I don't miss apartment living.
Greg
Post a Comment
<< Home