Opinion Please
My parents have asked me for a Christmas list (yes, its about that time again). I hate coming up with Christmas lists because 1) if I see something I want (like clothes), I usually buy it for myself and 2) since being in college means that I'm poor, the promise of cold hard cash makes me think that I should buy something practical (and who wants practical Christmas gifts from their parents?)
This year, I'm going to ask for something impractical...I've been wanting to pick up a hobby (because I don't have any) and I'm thinking that I want to learn how to play a guitar. So. Do any of ya'll have recommendations for a good beginning guitar? I've been looking around a little bit and I want something that is either acoustic or acoustic electric. I want something that's nice, but still in the beginner's section of guitars. Fender makes some decently priced ones and I've also stumbled across Daisy Rock which makes a smaller guitar designed to fit women better. Most of what they make is way to girlie for me in design, but I like the look of their Pixie series. Keep in mind, I have small hands so I'm leaning towards the Daisy Rock, but I want advice.
Please help. Thanks.
This year, I'm going to ask for something impractical...I've been wanting to pick up a hobby (because I don't have any) and I'm thinking that I want to learn how to play a guitar. So. Do any of ya'll have recommendations for a good beginning guitar? I've been looking around a little bit and I want something that is either acoustic or acoustic electric. I want something that's nice, but still in the beginner's section of guitars. Fender makes some decently priced ones and I've also stumbled across Daisy Rock which makes a smaller guitar designed to fit women better. Most of what they make is way to girlie for me in design, but I like the look of their Pixie series. Keep in mind, I have small hands so I'm leaning towards the Daisy Rock, but I want advice.
Please help. Thanks.

3 Comments:
The Pixie ones are pretty. That's all I got. I don't know anything about guitars, really.
Because you have small hands, the most important thing for to consider (above looks and brand name... though i wouldn't fault you for valuing both) is the "action." Think of the action as how hard you have to work with your left hand and fingers to depress different strings - especially "higher up" on the fret. The best way to feel this out would be to go to a nearby guitar store and literally strum several different makes and models. If there is a Guitar Center in your area, try that. Off the top of my head, I think that you should look at Seagulls and Epiphones because I think they're made for easy "action" and have nice sounds for beginning guitars. Hope this helps - and good luck! You'll be a guitar goddess in no time.
Thanks Richard, I appreciate the advice. That's exactly what I was looking for. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home