Sunday, October 09, 2005

Home New Home

Maureen and I found an apartment in Houston! YAY! We will be living at AMLI Midtown which is a couple of blocks away from the place I lived over the summer. We were really torn between AMLI and a new complex, The Cheval at Memorial. The Cheval was much nicer (although AMLI Midtown is plenty nice), but we wanted to be closer to the midtown area (Cheval was way out on I-10 and 610 west). We are very happy with our decision.

A funny thing happened on the way to meet the apartment locator. I needed to put some gas in my car, so we stopped at a Shell station a couple of blocks away from the place we were meeting her. As I got out of my car, I grabbed a couple of coke cans and such that needed to be thrown away and managed to dump almost everything in my hand into the garbage can. The only problem was that I was holding my credit card at the time. Fortunately, the trash can wasn't that full and Maureen is a very good friend to help me dig it out. Yuck!

Later that night, Maureen and I went to dinner and the movies. After we came out of the theater, I noticed a advertisement for Know HIV/AIDS. It pictures a happy, young couple...I thought the girl looked pregnant and pointed it out to Maureen. Turns out it was HER AD! I made her take a picture next to it, but since I can't seem to get the photo off my phone, I can't post it here.

We left the next morning to drive back to Baton Rouge. After dropping Maureen off at her house (no easy task with the increased traffic and the St. George Fair, and arriving at home myself, I opened my suitcase to find that a certain mean, sneaky person had put a certain can of Miller High Life in my suitcase when I wasn't looking. DAMN YOU!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger richard said...

awesome! maureen, well done!!

congrats on the new apartment, you two.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

Haha!! The High-Life can is in its rightful place!

oh, and congrats on finding an apartment and everything.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Jerry Centanni said...

The Duo is together again! Congrats ya'll!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Maureen is awesome. I fully support her sneakery.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really am awesome.

And very pleased with myself.

Mwuahahahahahaha

-mo

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home