Costs
I'm in the process of studying (or more acurately, learning) about half a semester of Advanced Cost Accounting. Yuck.
I don't actually mind the class, it is interesting, but our Prof doesn't teach in a way that facilitates MY learning. Its painful sitting through his class, realizing that I'm losing moments of my life that I will never get back (yes, it's THAT boring). Fortunately, the topic isn't difficult and it is a lot of review from last semester, so I think I will do well on the exam.
Last Saturday, I sat in the student section of the LSU game for the first time in about 4 years....wow has it has changed. There are new dances. There is the tendency to call out "bullshit" in unison when a bad call is made. Most importantly, they don't throw bourbon laced cokes down in celebration. Man, remember the days when you knew the game was good only if you came out of the stands smelling like bourbon???
My Advanced Accounting professor just posted our test scores from last week....usually, i'm hoping to score around the class average, but this time, I scored 20pts above it!!! Yes! I rock!
I don't actually mind the class, it is interesting, but our Prof doesn't teach in a way that facilitates MY learning. Its painful sitting through his class, realizing that I'm losing moments of my life that I will never get back (yes, it's THAT boring). Fortunately, the topic isn't difficult and it is a lot of review from last semester, so I think I will do well on the exam.
Last Saturday, I sat in the student section of the LSU game for the first time in about 4 years....wow has it has changed. There are new dances. There is the tendency to call out "bullshit" in unison when a bad call is made. Most importantly, they don't throw bourbon laced cokes down in celebration. Man, remember the days when you knew the game was good only if you came out of the stands smelling like bourbon???
My Advanced Accounting professor just posted our test scores from last week....usually, i'm hoping to score around the class average, but this time, I scored 20pts above it!!! Yes! I rock!

5 Comments:
No bourbon coke showers after a touchdown??!! I can't believe it.
Carrie - aparently, they started cracking down on people who throw things down to the feild after a fan in my parent's section threw a cell phone and it hit a visting team's cheerleader (why throw a cell phone, I don't know). Either they cracked down particularly hard in the student section, or students today realize the value of the alchohol they've managed to sneak in past the pat down they give all students on their way in to the game.
Mary: most of the dances we know are still used, there are just a couple of extras.
I always wondered why people wasted bourbon.
it just seems... inhumane, doesn't it taylor?
I agree. Yeah, especially if I've gone through the trouble of sneaking it in, I'm sure as well going to make sure it goes down my gullet.
Post a Comment
<< Home