Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Erin Fontenot, C.I.A., C.P.A?

I've graduated! YAY!

The only evidence I really have of this is my name being listed in the local paper...Thanks to Katrina, the semester was pushed back a week, but graduation was only pushed back 3 days. Because final grades aren't due until today, none of yesterday's graduates actually received diplomas. They will instead be mailed out a couple of days after Christmas. This, in combination with the fact that I've already sat through one 4-hour graduation ceremony for the E.J. Ourso College of Business, is the reason I skipped graduation. If I had been earning my master's degree, I probably would have gone, but since it is a second undergraduate, I didn't feel the overwhelming need to go.

I did, however, still insist on making my parent's take me out for a nice meal to celebrate. We enjoyed a fancy meal at Mansur's last night.

Now, I just have to focus on studying for the CPA and starting the new job. I recieved an itenerary for my first two weeks of work...its two solid weeks of training, which is nice (not too hard, but will still get my feet wet). Looks like I'll be in Houston for the first week, orientation and regional training will take place there. They are sending me to a national training during the second week...in Austin! Yay! I'll be staying at the Barton Creek Conference Resort from Sunday (1/8) to Friday...maybe I'll stay an extra night, if Carrie and Taylor will let me book a reservation in their spare bedroom? I haven't seen their place yet, so I'd love to do that (not to mention the fact that I haven't seen my other friends in Austin in a while, I'd love to do that too).

I am officially moving to Houston today. My car isn't packed yet, but it will be shortly. Man, I have a lot of crap. Moving's always a pain, but when your moving, in stages, out of both a storage center and a house that you've been accumulating crap in for two and a half years, it seems even more daunting. I'm glad my furniture and stuff is already in the apartment, but I have so much unpacking to do! Yuck.

8 Comments:

Blogger richard said...

congratulations!

6:06 AM  
Blogger Chad said...

Congrats.

I look forward to seeing you in Austin.

Barton Creek huh? Do you by chance get any golf discounts at that resort? :)

7:27 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks guys!

Chad: I have no idea, but I'll see what I can find out!

;)

7:40 AM  
Blogger Jerry Centanni said...

Congrats! and see ya soon! And if the Riche' Resort is booked, you're welcome at the Centanni B&B :)

10:02 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Yay, Erin! Congrats! I owe you a drink when you get back to BR (call us).

And, of course, you're welcome to stay with us when you are in Austin--just let us know the date. We'll try to keep Pierre out of the bathroom.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't jump the gun on using all those letters - you have to earn them first! Congratulations though. Looking forward to having you back at Deloitte. Remember it's cream and two sugars! ;-)
Greg CFP, CPA

5:23 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Good thing I don't work for the Tax division...I don't have to remember your preferences...

Plus, I'm no longer an intern, dammit!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

get your own damn coffee!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home