Friday, December 16, 2005

The Art of Procrastination

I have to say, my skills in this particular area are a little rusty. It's not that I've stopped procrastinating, its just that I don't do it with the same talent I had for my first undergrad degree.

It's finals week and I have one more test to go. It is the most challenging test, but only because I have to get an A on it to keep the A I have in the class. It didn't really matter what I got on my other finals, my grade was pretty set in those classes. My finals were pretty nicely spaced...one on Tuesday, one on Thursday and one this upcoming Saturday. I haven't felt any overwhelming pressure to kill myself studying for them, so I've had a lot of time to procrastinate. Other than making three trips to the store to buy/return kennels for Justice (he's hopefully going on a plane to Germany a couple of days after Christmas), I haven't really done anything but watch a little t.v. I haven't even been participating in the "excessive exam snacking" stage that I usually get into by this point. I have gotten into the holiday spirit and started making sure we had the standard snacks, I'm making a batch of chex party mix now, but I haven't really eaten any of it.

Once finals are over, I have plans to move the rest of my stuff into the apartment in Houston, make a trip back to Baton Rouge to see people as they come in for Christmas, make a trip to Ville Platte for Christmas Eve and Day, then on to Longview to celebrate it with the immediate family. After that I'm supposed to go to Dallas to drop Justice off at the airport for his trip to Germany, then back to Houston. Looks like Paula (my roommate over the summer) and Andy (her fiance') will be coming to visit Houston for New Years. That should be a fun event. A few short days after that, I start the new job (yay! paychecks!). All in all, it should be a very busy vacation.

Anyone is welcome to join Paula, Andy and me for New Years. I'm not sure what we have planned, but I'm sure we'll be going out to a few bars. I'd love for any of ya'll to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home