We've Moved!
The move to Houston DID take place this past weekend. We almost didn't get a truck from U-Haul, but they managed to scrounge up a 26' truck in Gonzales for us to use. I was a little relieved to hear that our truck was upgraded because I was a little worried about fitting all of our furniture and boxes into a 17' truck (I filled up one of those with just my stuff on the way back from Austin). I apparently shouldn't have had any worries because we only filled up about a 1/3 of the truck. There was SO much room! Needless to say, my father was less than estatic to be driving such a large truck, but he's a champ and stuck it out (with the promise that he would never have to drive one again). I'm pretty sure that I can keep that promise, but just incase, the men that I'm friends with: this is your notice (although, I am willing to attempt driving one myself before asking ya'll).
The move itself was relatively painless. The weather was good and the moving guys were fast. The best part: my furniture (in particular, the bed that I love and have missed) is out of storage! Yay! My parents helped us unpack a few boxes and put together a couple of pieces of furniture before heading out to Longview to visit the grandkids on Monday. I stayed in Houston until Tuesday morning then headed back to BR for the one class I had this week. I actually like getting up insanely early to make that drive, but I learned that it's not very much fun when you're suffering the hangover from hell. 3 beers on an empty stomach mean one hell of a headache the next day...especially at 4 o'clock in the morning. The advil and Diet Coke didn't kick in until I hit the State line. Fortunately, the sun didn't really come up until then either, so I wasn't dealing with the blinding pain of light.
My parents are in Longview until Thanksgiving day, where I will drive and meet them in Ville Platte for the day. With the game on Friday, various people in town, and a research paper to write for Tuesday, I should be pretty busy for the weekend.
I hope everyone has a good, happy and safe Thanksgiving!
The move itself was relatively painless. The weather was good and the moving guys were fast. The best part: my furniture (in particular, the bed that I love and have missed) is out of storage! Yay! My parents helped us unpack a few boxes and put together a couple of pieces of furniture before heading out to Longview to visit the grandkids on Monday. I stayed in Houston until Tuesday morning then headed back to BR for the one class I had this week. I actually like getting up insanely early to make that drive, but I learned that it's not very much fun when you're suffering the hangover from hell. 3 beers on an empty stomach mean one hell of a headache the next day...especially at 4 o'clock in the morning. The advil and Diet Coke didn't kick in until I hit the State line. Fortunately, the sun didn't really come up until then either, so I wasn't dealing with the blinding pain of light.
My parents are in Longview until Thanksgiving day, where I will drive and meet them in Ville Platte for the day. With the game on Friday, various people in town, and a research paper to write for Tuesday, I should be pretty busy for the weekend.
I hope everyone has a good, happy and safe Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home