Thursday, November 10, 2005

Truckin' Along

Well, I feel the need to post for two reasons....(1) it's been a while and (2) I'm supposed to be studying for my Advanced Accounting test tomorrow. I've made a pretty good dent in the material and I'm gaining understanding where it wasn't before (which is REALLY good b/c I didn't understand most of what was going to be on the test). The professor swears that this stuff is easier than what we had on the first test, but I'm not entirely sure I believe him....foreign exchange transaction gains and losses are a little mind-numbingly confusing. I feel like I'm back in an economics course because if I get one variable of the problem confused, I screw up everything else....ugghhrr *$*(&#(@)! Give me a consolidated trial balance and I can kick butt turning it into a consolidated balance sheet, but please don't make me translate it from a foreign currency first!

School is actually going pretty well...a lot of my classes have been cancelled this week for some reason. I'm not complaining...it gets me one step closer to understanding this advanced stuff, but it makes it feel like a really odd week. Next weekend, an attempt will be made to get Mo's and my stuff to Houston. The movers are all lined up, but we're on a waiting list to get a truck from U-haul. Everytime that I talk to them, I'm less and less convinced that there will actually be a truck to pick up next Saturday. Unfortunately, moving trucks are in high demand thanks to the hurricanes. Wish me luck (or more importantly, Maureen luck, because if the move doesn't happen, she probably won't have furniture until after Christmas).

All in all, that's about it. I'm going to get back to studying now. :) Have a nice weekend!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you have anything to say for yourself? And don't say it here, CJ.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Huh? I'm so confused...

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home