Bittersweet
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas...Santa was good to me this year. It was great seeing the friends that I never get to see for dinner on the 23rd. I just wish that we all had more time to spend together.
Christmas eve was spent in Ville Platte, at my Uncle Don's house. I was able to catch up with the current lives of some of my cousins and relive some old memories by popping fireworks. My family has always popped fireworks on Christmas Eve to "light the way for Papa Noel" or (if my history teaching Aunt Julia is around) "to spite the Yankees and celebrate the country's independence." Yeah...that one was new this year. I think Aunt Julia's been hitting too many hot toddies.
We kept the fireworks to a minimum this year, going through only a few hundred dollars worth. This is mainly due to the fact that the neighbors across the field weren't out popping, so we couldn't incite a war with them. The cousins had to make due with small battles between one another. No one was hurt (always risky), and we all had a good time.
We spent most of Christmas day at my Grandparent's house. We had a fantastic lunch of shrimp stuffed lamb, smoked turkey, and all the fixins, then headed on to Longview. Ally and Andrew had a lot of fun opening their presents and I had a great time visiting with them.
I headed to Houston, via Dallas, on Tuesday. Justice is now a German miniture poodle...While I am relieved to know that he and Renee' are reunited, I was really sad to see him go. He's such a sweet dog, but I'm not sure he'll ever forgive me for leaving him in such an uncomfortable situation. Atleast he didn't have to go through any sort of quarantine period.
That's about it for me...I'm back at my apartment now. I need to clean up around here, then I'm off to shopping for that guitar!
Christmas eve was spent in Ville Platte, at my Uncle Don's house. I was able to catch up with the current lives of some of my cousins and relive some old memories by popping fireworks. My family has always popped fireworks on Christmas Eve to "light the way for Papa Noel" or (if my history teaching Aunt Julia is around) "to spite the Yankees and celebrate the country's independence." Yeah...that one was new this year. I think Aunt Julia's been hitting too many hot toddies.
We kept the fireworks to a minimum this year, going through only a few hundred dollars worth. This is mainly due to the fact that the neighbors across the field weren't out popping, so we couldn't incite a war with them. The cousins had to make due with small battles between one another. No one was hurt (always risky), and we all had a good time.
We spent most of Christmas day at my Grandparent's house. We had a fantastic lunch of shrimp stuffed lamb, smoked turkey, and all the fixins, then headed on to Longview. Ally and Andrew had a lot of fun opening their presents and I had a great time visiting with them.
I headed to Houston, via Dallas, on Tuesday. Justice is now a German miniture poodle...While I am relieved to know that he and Renee' are reunited, I was really sad to see him go. He's such a sweet dog, but I'm not sure he'll ever forgive me for leaving him in such an uncomfortable situation. Atleast he didn't have to go through any sort of quarantine period.
That's about it for me...I'm back at my apartment now. I need to clean up around here, then I'm off to shopping for that guitar!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home