Saturday, January 10, 2009

Productive

Today is the official start of my MS150 training session. I'm determined to do better this year at both the ride and the training and I have my schedule all mapped out. Not sure how this is all going to work with my writing schedule, but somehow, I've got to make it happen.

I started the day at 7am, heading out with my bike to ride in Memorial park. It was an easy ride, a simple loop that goes round and round. I was able to accomplish the distance I wanted in just over an hour. My friend Alison joined me for the ride, and I'm happy to say that neither of us left with a broken shoulder blade. I've been on the bike since my accident, but not with my emergency room driver Alison.

I made it home by 9:30, took a quick shower and headed out to get my oil changed in the Mariner. I bring the Mariner back to the dealership for oil changes for 2 reasons: 1) oil change places don't necessarily like working on hybrids, and 2) the dealership is right next to the only location of Rudy's in Houston. I actually look forward to having my oil changed for this reason.

I made it back around noon, and after a feast on brisket, sausage, and their fabulous creamed corn, I settled down for a nap.

I got up a little while ago to mix up a batch of Carmelita's for the annual post-holiday re-gifting party with the Clem women. We get a large group of ladies together each year and enjoy a night of food, drink, and crappy gifts. I do have to admit, I'm bringing a rather special gift this year. I'm bringing an original stickfigurist painting of a pirate. I'm kind of sad to part with it, but homemade gifts seem to be the best thing to bring. I'm still jealous of that knitted tissue holder Kelly got a couple of years ago. Maybe this year, I'll be the lucky recipiant of the Christmas wreath made out of shredding U.S. curreny.

Keep your fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

There's a Rudy's in Houston? Hmmm. Houston trips just became more appealing.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

as if i weren't an appealing enough reason to visit Houston? j/k.

The Rudy's is on I-45 North, in Tomball (north of Beltway 8).

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home