Sunday, September 28, 2008

We are living in the future

So the anonymous commenter is probably one of my many many stalkers or perhaps merely one of the throng who tirelessly follow my every move. Obviously it wasn't anyone especially close to me as those special people received hourly updates throughout the night of the great storm. While I had prepared myself to suddenly find myself catapulted to the previous century where all the modernities that make life so easy were ripped away by the powerful winds of a devastating hurricane, the reality was quite different. I have a laptop, my internet connectivity was not interrupted, and I have an inverter so my faithful companion, Rocky, was able to supply whatever power I required.

I will let you know a little secret. I was compiling my list of people to keep informed of my status, and just when I had it all together, and was compiling my initial missive, someone, who--and I think while this description has specific relevance, its actually a descriptor that could be used as a complete summary of this person who I am trying to otherwise be non-specific about, even though it is, as it must be, a male--was not on the list, interrupted me. This person asked very sweetly if I was adequately prepared and seemed genuinely relieved that I would not be going through the storm alone. I say sweetly because his query just showed how very little he seems to know about anything at all. As if I were ever alone. A person like me is only alone when I want to be, and even then it can sometimes be impossible. I mostly just smile sweetly and nod while I'm drifting away in my own little world. Except when I'm talking to you. Of course, I'm paying attention then, sweetheart.

Anyway, the main point here is that I included this individual in my private mailing because he caught me off guard. And in retrospect, I don't appreciate being caught off guard. So, my message to this individual is: you will receive no further communication from me. Starting now.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

please baby...don't do this to me. I can't be cut off from you! I love you too much!

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you talking about? She's not talking to you. She's talking to me. Idiot.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both of you need to step off....she was talking about me, dammit.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I know she wasn't talking about me. I'm always on the list.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a question from a curious follower...how do you know you're always on the list? And perhaps more importantly, how does one become list worthy?

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home