The Details of My Injury
Some of you who may not know me very well wondered last month about the details of my cycling injury. Its a little hard to describe to the layperson, that is you, dear reader, what exactly I was doing and in what manner I specifically injured myself. Since my sport of choice is so rare, there really isn't a vocabulary for it.
Since the Tour de France has started and the dilettantes of the world turn their attention to this grueling sport, there have been more questions about my riding and my injury. Somehow, people equate my injury with the supposed difficulties of riding within the peloton, something they consider scary. I don't mean to in anyway belittle the skill and dedication of a professional cyclist, but frankly, compared to my sport, their shit is a little weak.
Many thanks to Ines, my training partner, for putting together this little demonstration of the types of things we do.

3 Comments:
Baby, I'd like to be the bike in that video. You should call me some time. Show me how you ride.
Of all the crude and horrible things to say. I can't imagine you're the same "boudreaux" that saw I favored you even if only for a brief instant. I can assure you sir, I can see deep into your soul and at no time could a person so crass hide his deep and limiting flaws from my eye.
To speak in your tongue, however, my bicycle is rigid, yet supportive; pliant, yet responsive, and in the middle of our performance, we are one. You sir, possess none of these qualities. You may imagine yourself in such a performance, but that is as close as you will ever come.
I had no idea that this is what you meant by bike training. I am impressed, and I am also fervently hoping that you don't wear shiny pants like that anywhere other than bike performances. They remind me too much of when we went to Disney World and were trying to watch the fireworks show at Epcot, but our view was blocked by an elderly lady wearing pants exactly like that. We got a show all right, but not the one we paid for.
Post a Comment
<< Home