Wednesday, June 18, 2008

More Friendly Competition

What is friendly about any competition? It seems to be a general agreement over some arbitrary rules, but science tells us that there is only one competition for men, and that is the biological imperative to pass along his genes. The closest a man will ever come to being immortal is when he has a son. I don't really believe that, but I believe there is something in men that they themselves do not understand. So when men talk of friendly competition they are usually talking about the view in the glare of public lights because let me tell you that in my experience, behind the scenes, they will slit each others throats.

this is just to say
by chad obi chad

i have not
returned the dvd's
that you loaned to me
over a year ago

do you
think i
could not
know?

forgive me
the geek council is unable to decide
if it is acceptable for a hot chick to own
firefly

If you are wondering if unabashed flattery is an effective way to get your poem featured here, then let me be the first to say, I forward these things to a committee who use a very complicated and proven selection process before I even read them, which I may or may not even do, so I wouldn't describe it so much as an asset to your poem as a veritable requirement, especially if your submission is merely the latest salvo in an ongoing game of brinksmanship to flood the internet with your musings.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it is an accurate poem.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Aren't you a little bothered that the so called geek council, which for all we know is just a manifestation of some egregious multiple personality disorder, in any way believes that it has any power whatsoever over yours truly?

Or maybe you're a member...Either way. I want my DVD's back.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

7|-|3 g33k (0u|\|(i1 ru135

The DVDs are on their way.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home