Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Boys Wanna Be Her Peaches

Another political commentary...I think its less about having another one and just a simple lack of posting altogether. I suppose I've redirected my online efforts to maintaining my facebook personality, even though, this entire online community is destined to dwindle to obscurity. I knew that the instant Josh Kopelman opined that Myspace vs. Facebook, wasn't a choice, it was an IQ test. It turns out he wasn't talking about users but developers. Ultimately, the difference is moot. Still, my response is that if America is going to be subjected to an IQ test, America will fail. Its not the upper end of the scale that willingly clicks on the banner ads.
Speaking of IQ tests America will fail, the presidential election ranks as an important one. As a woman in power, when Time runs an article like this, it makes me wonder where the analogous article is seeking to understand males sexism in their reluctance to support Clinton. Oh, sure, its distressing if Asian-Americans support Clinton over Obama in disproportionate numbers presumably because he's black and they are racist, but if men support Obama over Clinton because he is male, and they are sexist, well, there is no real reason to draw any attention to that at all.
Still, this obstacle seems to not be hampering Obama very much and as his effort gains momentum and the wins come like so many dominoes falling in succession, and the Clinton camp seem to be in utter disarray, I raise the question: Is this the way the (Clinton) world ends?
As I'm apt to do, I will tell you what I think. Mankind is meant for war. War is the ultimate trade, and man is the ultimate practitioner. I didn't create that phrasing, but I think it perfectly distills everything worth knowing about mankind. A mother's true love for her child is nothing more than the capacity of war she will wage for its benefit: total.
Now, many people are not in touch with their own capacity to wage war and perhaps find the phrasing objectionable, but I assure you that Hillary Clinton is not one of those people and it is a mistake to think for even one second that she is anything but a ruthless warfighter in her own way. Its quite surprising to me that the press seems willing to forget this in pronouncing her campaign all but dead. To me the more likely explanation is that she's just not trying very hard, because she knows she doesn't need to. And we should know too by the end of March but certainly by the DNC in August. I think she wants to win the "right" way, but I have no doubts that what she really wants is to win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home