Comando Everyday
I'm a ball roller. A number of you probably knew that already. If there is a ball around, and I determine that it needs rolling, I'm willing to roll up my sleeves and put my shoulder to it. Sometimes people think a ball will just get rolling on its own, as if some unseen mystical force with no known mode of operation can just grab ahold of something and move it. Its called inertia, people. I know you've completely forgotten your high school physics, but the general interpretation of Newton's first law is that an object at rest stays at rest, and an object in motion stays in motion. So, to explain it clearly, there is a ball, and it is at rest, until I come into contact with it. Then through sheer force of will, I put it into motion. And once its in motion, do you know what happens to it? It stays in motion.
Sometimes Newton's third law comes into play. Namely that some other particle, that is to say, you my gentle readers exert a force on, in this case, the ball. Is your force as strong as mine? Of course not. You are just a particle. I can prove it with the mathematics. That's what the second law is all about, but frankly, that proof is a bit beyond the scope of this article, which is mainly concerned with the first law, the ball rolling.
The ball in this particular article is the blackhole trip for 2008. I've selected possible destinations, and while they are by no means the only places we might go, since I've selected them, they might as well be.
They are:
1. Las Vegas - In English, "The Vegas" is well known as the height of American culture.
2. Cedar Point - Located in Sandusky, Ohio, this theme park is the mecca for roller coaster enthusiasts who can tolerate being in Ohio.
3. Germany - Most right thinking people hate the French. This is the only nation to ever actually do anything about it. They also have sausage.
4. San Francisco - In English, "San Diego's father" is a mecca for rice enthusiasts. Also, there is a bridge.
5. Orlando - I don't really want to go here. They have a mouse infestation, but five destinations sound better than four.
I think we can all agree that the ball is irrefutably in motion.
Sometimes Newton's third law comes into play. Namely that some other particle, that is to say, you my gentle readers exert a force on, in this case, the ball. Is your force as strong as mine? Of course not. You are just a particle. I can prove it with the mathematics. That's what the second law is all about, but frankly, that proof is a bit beyond the scope of this article, which is mainly concerned with the first law, the ball rolling.
The ball in this particular article is the blackhole trip for 2008. I've selected possible destinations, and while they are by no means the only places we might go, since I've selected them, they might as well be.
They are:
1. Las Vegas - In English, "The Vegas" is well known as the height of American culture.
2. Cedar Point - Located in Sandusky, Ohio, this theme park is the mecca for roller coaster enthusiasts who can tolerate being in Ohio.
3. Germany - Most right thinking people hate the French. This is the only nation to ever actually do anything about it. They also have sausage.
4. San Francisco - In English, "San Diego's father" is a mecca for rice enthusiasts. Also, there is a bridge.
5. Orlando - I don't really want to go here. They have a mouse infestation, but five destinations sound better than four.
I think we can all agree that the ball is irrefutably in motion.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home