True Entertainment
G4's Japanese import Ninja Warrior is everything a discerning connosieur of television looks for in a show provided what she is looking for is a show that defies all preconceptions about what should be on TV. So, in other words, its pretty much exactly like every other Japenese import, although thankfully there are no tentacles of any kind involved.
The show is made up of menacing obstacle courses, which contestants must best to claim the title Ninja Warrior. In my opinion a true ninja warrior should have to display some killing skills, but apparently American sensors will not allow the broadcast of that portion of the show. Instead we are forced to watch scrawny Japanese humiliate themselves time and time again, while the announcer shouts what may very well be vicious insults or simply the daily obituaries at the audience.
Much like a shiny new nickel, this show has no value whatsoever, which is to say that from my point of view its value is indistinguishable from zero. The show is clearly targeted towards G4's primary audience, young boys with approximately a nickel's chance in life of ever getting laid. I suppose I should point out somewhere that the obstacles are so difficult only two people have ever even successfully claimed the title. Of course they were both men, because only a man could be so stupid as to want to win, although there maybe something to the upper body strength to go along with it.
Frankly, I think I could probably waltz through the course after my daily PowerThirst, but perhaps thats not allowed.
The show is made up of menacing obstacle courses, which contestants must best to claim the title Ninja Warrior. In my opinion a true ninja warrior should have to display some killing skills, but apparently American sensors will not allow the broadcast of that portion of the show. Instead we are forced to watch scrawny Japanese humiliate themselves time and time again, while the announcer shouts what may very well be vicious insults or simply the daily obituaries at the audience.
Much like a shiny new nickel, this show has no value whatsoever, which is to say that from my point of view its value is indistinguishable from zero. The show is clearly targeted towards G4's primary audience, young boys with approximately a nickel's chance in life of ever getting laid. I suppose I should point out somewhere that the obstacles are so difficult only two people have ever even successfully claimed the title. Of course they were both men, because only a man could be so stupid as to want to win, although there maybe something to the upper body strength to go along with it.
Frankly, I think I could probably waltz through the course after my daily PowerThirst, but perhaps thats not allowed.

2 Comments:
Yes, the gratuitous amounts of energy (courtesy of real lightning) might be an unfair advantage. You also might get deported to Kenya.
However, the first two paragraphs don't do much to dissuade me from watching this from time to time. The announcer is my favorite part.
p.s. I plan on purchasing several cases of PowerThirst.
Post a Comment
<< Home