Friday, October 12, 2007

Blank of Love

After the truly disturbing success of Flavor of Love, Poison's Brett Michaels decided to throw his bandanna into the ring with Rock of Love. Well, only figuratively throw since he needs it to cover his Hulk Hogan like baldness.

This show trumps Deal or No Deal by a wide margin in the worthless sweepstakes. Normally every show has an equal chance at true worthlessness, but this show went out and bought up all the tickets at tremendous expense, leaving none for the other shows. While Deal or No Deal has a sprinkling of long legged models, Rock of Love has a heaping serving of strippers, and frankly prostitutes. Many of these women signed up for this show without even knowing who the title character would be. And now that its concluded we learn that nothing was resolved. Brett was unhappy with these whores, ditched his final selection and plans to return for a second season.

I can't even begin to talk about this show without pointing out that shows like this are not actually shows. They are IQ tests. If you watch it and are entertained, you must report to the zoo where parents with nothing else to do with their kids will thoughtfully contemplate unique facts about you presented in plaque form such as that your DNA is 99% identical to humans.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

But if I'm locked in the zoo, how am I going to watch the second season of this marvelous show? Your plan has flaws.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Darling, I absolutely was not talking about you. Sometimes, I get a little bit ahead of myself. A can hear a wise person in my head deadpanning that you shouldn't challenge me to say something, because as a once and future queen I grew up always speaking exactly what was on my mind. However, that wise voice, which may in fact be my own, is incorrect in this case, because if you watch it then I absolutely must have missed something in what I otherwised perceived as unapologetic swill suitable only for lower minds.

And let me also add that it must have taken great courage on your part to stand amidst a tide of silent readers unwilling to have their own guilty pleasures lambasted and laid bare for the precious time swindlers they are and proclaim your infatuation with a bald man's debauchery. Be bold and mighty forces will come your aid.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

I often can not pull myself away from the VH1 shows, though I usually feel dirty afterwards. That Scott Baio thing? It's like watching a train wreck. Can't ... look ... away.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Scott Baio pisses me off. I can't watch that show.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home