Goodbye To You Scandal
I'm really tired of the stream of emails, people. I've allowed comments on this blog for a reason. That way you can answer each others questions and take a bit of the load off of me. As it is, my prognosticative abilities have been receiving a lot of attention lately.
First, no, pictures of Obama in Somali tribal dress are not the thing that Clinton has on him that will secure her the nomination. People have been writing in wanting to know if that was what I was predicting. Look, I went to a lot of trouble to talk about how Clinton is a warfighter, and that sort of political effort is not the sort of warfighting I'm talking about. The kind of blood-letting bitch that Hillary is, she probably didn't even know about the photos. Photos are the sort of small time political effort of low level operatives. When this drops, you'll know. I like to quote Training Day: "The shit's chess, it ain't checkers."
As much as I throw that quote around, it never seems to have the impact I desire. I think the problem is that most people's intellect is fully stressed by the game of checkers, so chess holds no distinction. Oh, no, of course I'm not talking about you, dear reader. I mean other people.
I suppose that the certainty that my prediction will come true is based in no small part on the recent Oscar win of No Country for Old Men which just happened to be the only movie I took the time to recommend here. Some of you wondered, how could I recommend one movie all year long before the movie even came out and have it turn out to be the Oscar and Golden Globe winner of best Picture of the year? Well, I suppose I might take the opportunity to point out that it is an irrefutable testament to my exquisite taste, but the truth is that its purely coincidence that for nearly the first time in their history the supposedly esteemed Academy happened to agree with me. Maybe they're just reading my blog. I don't know. I don't look at the statistics.
First, no, pictures of Obama in Somali tribal dress are not the thing that Clinton has on him that will secure her the nomination. People have been writing in wanting to know if that was what I was predicting. Look, I went to a lot of trouble to talk about how Clinton is a warfighter, and that sort of political effort is not the sort of warfighting I'm talking about. The kind of blood-letting bitch that Hillary is, she probably didn't even know about the photos. Photos are the sort of small time political effort of low level operatives. When this drops, you'll know. I like to quote Training Day: "The shit's chess, it ain't checkers."
As much as I throw that quote around, it never seems to have the impact I desire. I think the problem is that most people's intellect is fully stressed by the game of checkers, so chess holds no distinction. Oh, no, of course I'm not talking about you, dear reader. I mean other people.
I suppose that the certainty that my prediction will come true is based in no small part on the recent Oscar win of No Country for Old Men which just happened to be the only movie I took the time to recommend here. Some of you wondered, how could I recommend one movie all year long before the movie even came out and have it turn out to be the Oscar and Golden Globe winner of best Picture of the year? Well, I suppose I might take the opportunity to point out that it is an irrefutable testament to my exquisite taste, but the truth is that its purely coincidence that for nearly the first time in their history the supposedly esteemed Academy happened to agree with me. Maybe they're just reading my blog. I don't know. I don't look at the statistics.

2 Comments:
Isn't it "Goodbye to You" by Scandal?
Your knowledge of bad 80's songs is impressive. It does seem to be quite a coincidence that a post title of mine has some similarity to a song, and given the volume of music being produced I wouldn't be surprised if a similarly knowledgeable individual could find songs to match up to many of these posts. But that would probably be a big waste of time.
Post a Comment
<< Home