Friday, June 06, 2008

Today Will Be Better, I Swear!

Of course there has been an outpouring of support following my little confessional. Many of you have offered whatever I might need to soothe my injured heart. Others have been simply stunned into abject silence. Its as though I were Hillary and had decided to surrender the nomination despite winning all the important states and possessing an insurmountable popular vote lead. But that's not how elections work is it? Or romance either, for that matter.
Others have been simply indignant, demanding details, offering to kill who I hate. Well, first of all, I couldn't possibly hate anyone. My heart is so big and pure I have only love for all the mortal creatures that populate this anomalous orb for this brief instant. Can a person love another person so much that it crushes him to death, or at the very least makes him feel all the horrible things a person should never have to feel, but she does anyway completely outside of her control? Science will never be able to answer that question, but I'd just like to say in advance, in case it happens to be true, that it was all love, I swear.
At the very least this whole experience has taught me that despite my tested and proven intelligence and virtually flawless insight into people in general there is one incomparably complicated individual whom I do not fully understand: myself. How is it possible to fall so hard? To be strolling confidently though life, only to discover there may be great chasms lying in wait to consume one wholly and completely? And if life is so perilous why does it feel like it helps at all to type open ended questions onto a public website where anyone might read them but not offer any real solutions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home