Another good doctor
Of course, william carlos williams' primary occupation was physician. I do not think he was a very good one. If his poetry was any indication, he must have been truly terrible. I feel strongly that a true poet can only be a true poet and nothing else. It probably also didn't help that he was a raving communist.
There have been numerous inquiries into my little contest. Yes, there will be prizes, although the pleasure of having me read your creations should be enough of a prize, although I probably won't actually be reading your submissions. I'm much to busy to do that. I'll delegate responsibility to a committee, and I'll read whatever submissions they feel are worth my time. I probably won't read those either, though. I'm very busy. For all you know I'm too busy to be writing this. I may have delegated it to someone else, and really would you know the difference? Probably you wouldn't get the same feeling of warmth within you that sustains and nourishes you. Probably you would struggle to rise from your beds knowing that I was not an integral part of your lives. Yet you rise and smile and laugh and life is good, so you may take comfort that it is I.
And now that that's settled beyond argument, I'd like to pass along a submission, fittingly enough from a good doctor. Now, he is a good physician, so please do not judge him too harshly for his poetry.
This is just to say
by lara diego lara
I have not joined
the facebook
that is on the
internet
and which
you keep insisting
i join to increase
your friends count
forgive me
it is creepy
and i am a
father
Well, I can't say it speaks to my soul, but it does have a certain understated quality to it. At the very least there are no knives.

3 Comments:
Do I just post my poem in the comments?
Maybe you could email it to me? That way the committee can review it and when it passes muster, I can add a little commentary.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Post a Comment
<< Home