Monday, May 15, 2006

Just Late Enough

As I pulled into the parking garage at the airport yesterday, the gates of hell opened up about Bush Intercontinental Airport. Echoing through the hollowed levels of the parking garage, nearby lightening strikes and the accompanying thunder almost made me wet my pants. So, there was no big surprise when I walked into the airport and saw that my flight (along with pretty much all other flights) was delayed. The thing about the terminal I fly out of, is that it is an express jet terminal. Designed to move a lot of people in and out quickly, it doesn’t handle the overflow of people resulting from so many delayed and cancelled flights. You know its bad when you are still only halfway down the terminal hallway and people are lining the walls and waiting for their flights. Needless to say, my flight was delayed twice more, finally pulling away from the gate 3 hours late. I was hoping that the pilot would make up some time in the air, so that I could still pick up my rental car, but no….we landed at 12:55am….Avis closes at 1am. So, I took a cab to my hotel (the hotel shuttle stops running at Midnight), climbed into bed and passed out.

Fortunately, the hotel shuttle driver didn’t mind taking me to Avis this morning, so I picked up the car and I’m now at work….

Ah, the joys of business travel. :(

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I really shouldn't complain...i've had it pretty easy thus far. This is the first time that i've been majorly delayed in a while.

Oh, and the shuttle bus driver bringing me to Avis this morning assigned marriage to me and the collegue I was with (Matt). I do have to admit, I'm a little nervous...Matt's first wife is getting her PHd in Women's studies....i have a feeling she could take me.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home