Silly Airline
I'm not the biggest fan of Delta Airlines at this moment. They won't let me fly standby. This is aggrevating because I didn't find out, until after I had booked the flight, that I wouldn't have to work out of the office today. I'd like to try and make it to Baton Rouge before my original planned time of 9pm...but Delta won't really work with me on this.
I guess I shouldn't say that. They won't let me fly standby, but they will let me change my flight for a total cost of $25, if I change it within 3 hours of the "new" flight time. Unfortunately, the only flight in the next 3 hours is sold out. No big deal, but you think they could have atleast been a little nicer on the phone about it. The chick could have looked up other flights during the day and told me that while she couldn't get me on this one...I can call back in a couple of hours and try and get on the such-and-such flight because it still showing a couple of seats available. But no. Let's not do any more work than absolutely requested by the caller.
That's really what pisses me off the most. I know their jobs. I worked their jobs. I probably put up with much more crap when I worked that job (I know they put up with crap, but they aren't dealing with the common crude plumber).
Sorry...just needed to rant.
I guess I shouldn't say that. They won't let me fly standby, but they will let me change my flight for a total cost of $25, if I change it within 3 hours of the "new" flight time. Unfortunately, the only flight in the next 3 hours is sold out. No big deal, but you think they could have atleast been a little nicer on the phone about it. The chick could have looked up other flights during the day and told me that while she couldn't get me on this one...I can call back in a couple of hours and try and get on the such-and-such flight because it still showing a couple of seats available. But no. Let's not do any more work than absolutely requested by the caller.
That's really what pisses me off the most. I know their jobs. I worked their jobs. I probably put up with much more crap when I worked that job (I know they put up with crap, but they aren't dealing with the common crude plumber).
Sorry...just needed to rant.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home