Friday, December 30, 2005

Women Drivers!

So, I pulled off a really stupid trick yesterday. My car was in the shop most of the day, so I was homebound most of the day (Thanks again Greg and Mo for helping me take care of my car). Fortunately, my car was easily fixed (expensive, but quick) and I was able to pick it up around 6:30 yesterday evening.

Since I had been carless until that point, I decided to run a few errands. One of these errands was going to pick up some guitar picks. You have to understand how unworthy I feel going into a music store...I have to convince myself that I'm cool enough to even drive into the parking lot, much less go in to the store itself. But, as Melissa says, I "put on my big girl panties and did it." That part proved to be rather painless and I was doing good...until I got in my car to drive away. I thought that I could just drive forward, through my parking spot, to exit the parking lot. I didn't think that there was one of those yellow, temporary curbs in the spot. The spot next to mine didn't have one, so I thought I was safe...I was wrong. Didn't realize that, until after I had already jumped the temporary curb with my car. Just my front wheels were over it, so I thought I could back up. That didn't work. My only option was to drive forward and try and clear the second temporary curb for the spot in front of mine. This worked, until that curb got stuck under my wheels, I was dragging it with me as I drove. After some maneuvering, I managed to leave that curb a few feet from where it originally was, and now it resides in the middle of the parking spot. Yikes! I felt like such a nerd! I don't think anyone saw me do it, but I'm sure it's on surveillance, being replayed in the store. I'm SO embarrassed!

3 Comments:

Blogger Taylor said...

No harm done to the car, I hope?

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops. that was Carrie.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

No harm appears to have happened to the car...I was worried about achieving flat tire #12, but so far so good (knock on wood).

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who's ever done something like this.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home