Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Bowling

Well, I’m still in Kentucky….will be until the middle of June. At that point I will switch from traveling here every week to traveling to New Orleans every week. It’s not bad, I’ve gotten used to it. I really don’t mind the travel (I asked for it), but I will admit that I get annoyed with it (mainly on Sunday afternoons when I’m getting in my car to go to the airport). I am grateful that I’m working with a large team of people here and that I do actually like all of them.

Every few weeks, we try and have a team event. Some fun thing that gets us all out of the office, with an open bar, and the idea that we’ll get to know one another better. It’s not always fancy, and often time is just a dinner at a really nice restaurant. Once a quarter, they’ll really spoil us by doing something like the Reds game we went to a few weeks ago. Last night, we went bowling. We all played a few games, ate quite a bit, drank quite a bit more….all in all, I think it was a success. I was worried, because I had to plan this event. While I don’t think we stayed on budget (not my fault….Management said to have an open bar when I presented them with the figures….if they’re delusional thinking that 14 people are going to keep the beverage tab under $130, it’s not my fault), but everyone had a great time. Fortunately for me, the team that I was on had two members who could carry by poor score. No one was great, but there were some impressive shots (and one very impressive break dance).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home