Waiting
I'm currently in hour 12 of my day....normally not really minding when we run this late, but tonight I'm waiting on someone to finish with their work before I can leave. Honestly, I'm waiting for that someone to finish their work with a co-worker, and co-hoteler, so that I can help her escape before he pulls her in with more work...so I really can't leave just yet. I don't mind the long hours, but when I don't have anything to do, or I am at a good stopping point in the work, then i'm ready to call it a day (especially when I've had my normal time zone change, plus daylight savings time jumps in the same weekend.
I had a good weekend...I dragged Mo up to Humble for good chinese food. When we got there, we stumbled onto a street festival (Good Oil Days for the town where Exxon started) and walked around that after our meal. Getting the necessary New Orleans style Sno-Ball, we drove back down to Rice Village and continued to browse around stores all afternoon. Oh, and we got pedicures (with sparkly flowers on our big toes) and a peep show from the chick painting my toes. Some people just don't believe in underwear....I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just saying that there's a time and place....while giving pedicures is not really one of them. I think Mo got more of a show than I did though.
All in all, it was a good weekend. Hope everyone's week goes as well....
I had a good weekend...I dragged Mo up to Humble for good chinese food. When we got there, we stumbled onto a street festival (Good Oil Days for the town where Exxon started) and walked around that after our meal. Getting the necessary New Orleans style Sno-Ball, we drove back down to Rice Village and continued to browse around stores all afternoon. Oh, and we got pedicures (with sparkly flowers on our big toes) and a peep show from the chick painting my toes. Some people just don't believe in underwear....I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just saying that there's a time and place....while giving pedicures is not really one of them. I think Mo got more of a show than I did though.
All in all, it was a good weekend. Hope everyone's week goes as well....

5 Comments:
it's been a long time since I've had a snowball. People don't know what they are here...
No lie Claire. My Auburn buds made me try some shaved ice concoction once. Sooo not the same thing.
Poorly shaved ice and cheap flavor does not a snowball make.
Give me sweet, juicy flavor, fine ice and condensed milk any day.
Mary, everyone should treat themselves to pedicures on a regular basis....My toes have been in closed-toed shoes all week, but when i take them off, my sparkly flowered toes make me smile.
Considering the gymnastics currently involved in reaching my own feet, I recently treated myself to a salon pedicure. I can't decide whether to do it again or not, as my due date approaches. But yeah, it was completely worth it. Of course, it's already 90 here so sandals are already back in use.
Post a Comment
<< Home