Monday, April 24, 2006

Travel Woes

A few weeks ago, I bought a new pair of sunglasses. I don't buy expensive sunglasses, because I tend to be a little rough on them...Target Boutique's brand will work for me. Even though I usually get a sunglass "pouch" with them, I never use it and the glasses get scratched as they make their home in the bottom of my purse. With this pair, I was doing pretty good. This is mainly attributed to the fact that I left them in Houston, sitting on my kitchen table. This week, I managed to bring them with me to Kentucky, even making sure that I put them back in their protective pouch after I got on the plane.

However, as I was riding to the rental car place, I noticed that they were missing. I was a little disappointed that I had lost them and I wasn't entirely sure how it happened. Maybe they fell out of my purse when I was pulling my bag off the bag claim carosel...maybe someone stole them. My wallet was still there (thank GOD), as was my cell phone. But the glasses and a bottle of diet coke were missing.

The mystery was solved as I was walking out of the door at Avis. The Budget Rental Car shuttle driver pulled up and asked if I was on the shuttle that had just left the airport....apparently, the diet coke and the sunglasses fell out of my purse as I struggled to get my bags on the bus, unrealized by me, the passenger helping me get the bags on the bus, and the bus driver behind us that ran over both items. The Budget shuttle driver was kind enough to bring me the sunglass case. Unfortunately, the glasses did not survive the accident. I have a feeling, that if they weren't in the pouch, the glasses would have stayed in my purse. Its just a theory.

Oh, one more story, because I realized that I forgot to post it...On the Saturday before Easter, I was at my parents house, watching Saturday morning cartoons with my neice, Ally. Ally is 4 years old and, apparently, quite mature for her age. The cartoon was one of those interactive cartoons, where they try and get the viewer to stand up and do things. In this particular episode, they had a wolf that was shaking its tail and they wanted the viewer to shake their tails. Ally was just sitting there, so I asked her, "Ally, do you have a tail? Can you shake it?" She responded by telling me (in a snotty, I can't believe you don't know this voice) that she didn't have a tail....Daddy, Paw Paw and Andrew have tales, but she and Momma do not.

She is FOUR YEARS OLD! At what age are they starting sex ed these days???

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am assuming there was a diaper changing incident that led to this informational tidbit.

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home