Tropical Update
Well, fortunately, Hurricane Ivan has been rather disappointing thus far. While I'm enjoying the time off from school, especially considering that I have a test on Friday afternoon that I'm not totally prepared for, we haven't been feeling too much of the hurricane yet. The wind has picked up, but no rain yet. Another thing to be glad about is the fact that LSU hasn't called back their cancellation of Thursday's classes. Do any of ya'll remember when they did that for Hurricane Georges?
Out of boredom, Renee' and I made a trip to Winn Dixie to pick up a few random goods. We are making a S'mores Bread Pudding and needed to get some extra milk. I think every one in Baton Rouge had the same idea. It was like a game day Saturday...apparently, other people are bored, have time and feel the need to cook. I'm guessing we aren't the only ones having Gumbo tonight...
Out of boredom, Renee' and I made a trip to Winn Dixie to pick up a few random goods. We are making a S'mores Bread Pudding and needed to get some extra milk. I think every one in Baton Rouge had the same idea. It was like a game day Saturday...apparently, other people are bored, have time and feel the need to cook. I'm guessing we aren't the only ones having Gumbo tonight...

3 Comments:
mmmm, gumbo. I know that's what I would do. I would make some food. Something about being stuck at home makes me want to cook. Of course, I'm not stuck at home, I'm stuck at school. No cooking here. Well, I did make ramen, but that's not cooking, and unfortunately, I'm out of ramen. Wow, now I'm rambling on your blog as well as mine.
S'mores bread pudding. I'm intrigued.
I recently learned that my sister's friend, Erin, got a job with the movie crew. She's dressing dummies for crowd scenes. Exciting...sort of.
The S'mores Bread Pudding was somewhat disappointing...it came out like warm brown mush with roasted marshmellows and chocolate on top. So while it tasted good, it still had the consistancy of warm mush.
Glory Road actually postponed all of the filming they were going to do in BR until another date...no word on what date. Hurricane Ivan proved to be too big of a threat.
Post a Comment
<< Home