Oh No!
Today, my overly abitious plan to finish all of the accounting courses I have to take to earn my degree came to a screeching halt. After some confusion over whether I am currently enrolled in a class I thought I may have already taken (and a very embarassing call to the business advisor), I found out that there is NO WAY IN HELL that I can finish my degree by next May. This is for a couple of reasons...
- Taking Cost Analysis without the pre-req would be educational (and quite possibly personal) suicide.
- I can't take Cost Analysis I and Cost Analysis II in the same semester
- Cost Analysis II won't be offered again until next fall
- I may go insane before the end of this semester by taking classes that most people have advised me not to take together.
So, now I have a couple of options...I can either quit school after this fall semester and go to work in some internal audit dept somewhere or I can take on more school loans, beg my parents to let me live with them for 6 more months and finish my degree next fall. I'm leaning towards extending my education and finishing next fall and taking another internship next summer (experience, networking advantages).
Also on a school related note: $49 worth of class material packets from the local copy store doesn't make nearly as impressive of a pile as it should. I think that when you spend that much on copies, you should require the use of a dolly to carry them to your car. I'm kinda disappointed that it didn't....

1 Comments:
(Mary) I know it sucks, but I'd definately stay in and finish school. It's only one more semester...which probably seems like years since you're living with your parents, but I have faith that you can do it!
Post a Comment
<< Home