Ice Age
Movies have been a big part of my entertainment this summer and I've seen pretty much everything out there. I haven't really been in the mood for movies that will make me cry, so I haven't seen The Notebook and since I'm not a huge Will Ferrell fan, I haven't seen Anchorman. Other than that, there's not much that I've missed. I've discovered a theater in Mobile with stadium seating that plays movies that have been out for a while. I'm not entirely sure how the place stays in business since I'm normally the only one in the theater for whatever movie I'm watching.
I finally saw The Day After Tomorrow a couple of nights ago. While the plot is a bit impossible, I enjoyed the movie. The theater had a hand in making it more realisitic by keeping the a/c set at sub-zero temps and I walked out of the theater expecting blizzard conditions to have taken over south Alabama.
I was happy to see that if an ice age would suddenly develop, Louisiana would be ok other than all those cajuns trading in their 4 wheelers and cajun reeboks for snowmobiles and ice-shoes. They'd probably really enjoy getting new breeds of animals to shoot at. Can you imagine the smoked meat festival with fried moose?
I finally saw The Day After Tomorrow a couple of nights ago. While the plot is a bit impossible, I enjoyed the movie. The theater had a hand in making it more realisitic by keeping the a/c set at sub-zero temps and I walked out of the theater expecting blizzard conditions to have taken over south Alabama.
I was happy to see that if an ice age would suddenly develop, Louisiana would be ok other than all those cajuns trading in their 4 wheelers and cajun reeboks for snowmobiles and ice-shoes. They'd probably really enjoy getting new breeds of animals to shoot at. Can you imagine the smoked meat festival with fried moose?

6 Comments:
mmmmm. meat on a stick.
(Mary) You can get moose meat in the UP. I didn't eat any, but I've heard that it's available. Buffalo meat was more plentiful as well (which was great because I really like it). You can get frozen buffalo burger patties at Trader Joe's though. They're excellent.
(Mo) What's a cajun reebok? Is it just reeboks that cajuns wear or is it something else? I was unaware that reeboks are the cajun shoe of choice.
Mo-
Cajun Reeboks are those white wading or rain boots. You don't see them too often in the city, but you may have come across them tailgating.
(Mary) I see. I was confused about that too. I never heard anybody call them cajun reeboks. I used to have some when I was in girl scouts. good times.
I associate the boots with Chalmette, but maybe that's just me.
Post a Comment
<< Home