Wednesday, July 28, 2004

House of Style

Well, it has taken me just over 2 months to do so, but I'd like to comment on some of the styles I've seen during my stay in South Mississippi. 
 
P. Kyle, you may find this too painful to read.
 
In general, Mississippi residents aren't all that different from Louisiana residents in fashion sense.  I am, of course, not talking about Baton Rouge and LSU...it's a very attractive, fashion foward city.  I haven't come across anyplace like that yet, but I suspect there are some (Oxford is rather preppy, isn't it?) 
 
I do have to say that some of the employees (in particular the female staff) at NG have truly unique taste in fashion...
 
(insert dun, duh, dunnnnh)
 
Lots of loose, light weight knit pants on people who really shouldn't be wearing them and lots of shoulder pads.  This company hasn't exactly moved forward from the late 80's, early 90's.  My absolute favorite has to be the woman I saw the other day.
 
Imagine this:
Black and White Shirt
Black Skirt
Black Panty Hose
WHITE OPEN TOED SANDALS
 
(insert screams and shrieks of agony)
 
On a different note, Happy Belated Anniversary to Mary and Richard and Happy (early) B-day to Mary!


6 Comments:

Blogger Taylor said...

shoulder pads... wow

6:46 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Why did we want to look like linebackers? I was so glad when that look went out. I remember having to cut those damn things out of every blouse I bought in my teens.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Yeah, we may have looked like linebackers, but man, we were stylin'.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

That sandals/black hose combo must have been difficult to deal with. I think I might have an obvious visual reaction that could be hard to disguise.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Mo) It sounds alot like the styles Mary and I saw at the boat store. If you're looking for fashion forward people, I'm telling you, a barge on the river is not the place to go.

2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Mary) So true, Maureen. So true.
I would also advise against looking for fashionable people at the beach. Some people are dressed fine, but there's always a huge epidemic of what Richard started calling "OB's" which stands for "over belly" which means that girls were wearing tight, low cut shorts with their bellies hanging over the waistband. My sister added "UB" to our beach terminology, which stands for "up the butt" because that's where all these tight shorts ended up.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home