Sunday, June 13, 2004

Trip to Palm Springs (Part One)

Today we arrived at the Gulfport airport to catch a flight to Houston with a connecting flight to Palm Springs. We boarded the plane, taxied to the runway and was then told that due to weather, we were going to be delayed. We sat on the runway for 45 minutes before they told us that there was still no word on weather conditions in Houston. So, we taxied back to the gate. 3 hours later, after a trip to the bar, we were allowed to reboard the plane with clearance to land in Houston. We taxi back out to the run way, sit there for a minute and then slowly start taxing back to the gate. Hmmm. This is odd...my co-workers and I are very confused as to what possible reason we could have for going back to the terminal. Our confusion was soon answered by the captain announcing that the flight crew had run out of working hours and could not complete the flight. They tried to get us another flight crew, but were unsucessful, so we "de-planed". I am writing this from the Holiday Inn in Gulfport. I have about 4 hours to sleep, then we are catching a 6am flight to Houston.

I have no doubts the weather that kept us from Houston will be here tomorrow morning, just in time to keep us from leaving at 6am.

So far, Palm Springs is a BLAST.

Yeah. (sarcasm)

3 Comments:

Blogger richard said...

Bummer. I hope you were able to get some swag for your troubles.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Mary) Seems like they would've known that their shifts were ending before they let everybody get back on the plane. I'm imagining some scenerario in which all the flight attendents looked at each other were like, "wait, how long is this flight. Shiiiit, I'm due for my break."

2:25 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

There was only one flight attendent and she was DAMN scary. She had a french braid in her hair that went from her right ear and ended at her left ear. She also (on one of our many trips back to the terminal) told us that we weren't allowed to unbuckle our seatbelts and that she could hear the clicking of them at that point. She threatened to stop the plane!!

Richard: the only swag we got was a night in the Holiday Inn circa 1948.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home