Wednesday, June 09, 2004

I'm sorry mam, but is this your finger?

Ok. So. The water in Pascagoula has a slight yellowish tint to it. In order to avoid ingesting whatever chemical/property that makes the water this color, most people in this area drink a lot of bottled water. Every office at Northrop Grumman has a water cooler. Yesterday, ours was empty. Being an enterprising intern, I decided that I could change the water bottle myself...afterall, the big burly men who deliver the water don't seem to struggle to do this (and we all know that I have just as much upper body strength as they do). I did pretty well until the suction took the 5 gallon bottle and slammed it down on my finger. I'm going to be wearing a lot of purple nail polish in next few months. I'm trying to make a trip to shipyard hospital to get the finger looked at.

Unrelated to this, but equally as interesting (at least to me) is the club at LSU that I just joined. The Mean Team. Wow.

5 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

update on the finger - they think it might be broken and are sending me out for x-rays this afternoon....only I could break a finger with water.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Ouch! I hope you are OK!

And the Mean Team thing is fantastic.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks Carrie! My finger has been x-rayed and is not broken. The doctor poked a hole in the nail and drained the blood, so its feeling a lot better. I do have to say that he managed to scare the hell out of me before he did it. I was convinced that he was going to burn my finger off with the pokey thingy and I barely even felt it! Mean (but nice) doctor.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Mary) I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better (although the concept of poking a hole in a fingernail made me squirm for several minutes)

9:14 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Sorry Mary - didn't mean to make you squirm. The band-aid came off today and my finger feels SOOOO much better.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home