Saturday, June 05, 2004

I Don't Wanna Breathe Through My Mouth

I'm sick. Booo. I have a cold and can't breathe through my nose. The upside is that Melissa has come to visit me this weekend. The downside is that I will probably get her sick. Then she will turn into someone else (who shall not be named) and start blaming me for all of her illnesses even though we live several hundreds of miles apart. Damn you Melissa!

I'm very happy that she came to visit me becuase it is giving me the opportunity to explore the area. We ate at a restaurant called Phonecia's last night. It is a Greak/Lebanese restaurant in Ocean Springs. Everything we had (Coconut Shrimp, Crab & Artichoke soup, Kafta Kabobs) was VERY good. Next time, we are going to have to listen to what people tell us and bring our own wine. The restaurant apparently doesn't have a liquor license but encourages you to byob.

The most surprising thing about the restaurant (or I guess Ocean Springs in general) is that it is surrounded by this little street of unique shops and restaurants. It reminded me of Austin's Duval near 45th.

We have every intention of checking out those shops today before we go to the Casino's and (more importantly) to see Harry Potter.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to be in the bustling metropolis of Gautier, MS. Makes the 'Ham look like a peon of a place. As for the evil germies that are flying around this Suburban Lodge abode, all i can say is I got me some Centrum vitamins so it's all good in the neighborhood. Can't wait for some HP3 and some slots!!! Can I get a wooohooo???
-Melissa

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're on my list, ms. fontenot. you are on my list.

-mo

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Mary) Judging by what I know of the history of your life, and Mo's snappy little comment, I think I know the identity of she-who-shall-not-be-named. I'm glad to hear that you got some Greek. We finally found a Greek place here that also features Lebonese. I hadn't realized it before, but practically everything I'd order at Greek places in BR was really Lebonese. We went to a Greek only Greek place here and the menu had me lost. It was still good, but no schwarma (sp?) to speak of.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home