The week from Hell (but the fun hell)
Okay, So last week was my week from hell. It was the fun kinda hell though. I laughed more during that week than I have in a LONG time. I will probably never look at flowcharting without seeing Curtis getting drunk in a canoe with a beer he was hiding from Dana or see a clip from "The Ladies Man" without thinking of Robert Lay. And I still have that damn Aicha song stuck in my head. In case I haven't told you anything about that class, it is called Case Studies, but is really a class that focuses on presentation skills. I had 9 presentations due in 5 days. I worked nonstop from about 7 in the morning until around 11:30 at night. I'm still dreaming about powerpoint and hand gestures.
I made the move to Pascagoula on Saturday. I will be calling room 128 at the Suburban Lodge "home" for the next 3 months. So far I've visited both Biloxi and the mall in Mobile, both of which are about 30 minutes away.
Work starts tommorrow and I'm pretty sure my dreams will quickly turn from presentations to SOX (sarbanes-oxley is the legislation that came about after the fall of Enron and Worldcom and the scandles with Tyco and is the main focus of internal auditing this year). I'm looking forward to it but I am a bit nervous.
However, I plan on loosing myself in The Princess Bride (on AMC) in the meantime.
I made the move to Pascagoula on Saturday. I will be calling room 128 at the Suburban Lodge "home" for the next 3 months. So far I've visited both Biloxi and the mall in Mobile, both of which are about 30 minutes away.
Work starts tommorrow and I'm pretty sure my dreams will quickly turn from presentations to SOX (sarbanes-oxley is the legislation that came about after the fall of Enron and Worldcom and the scandles with Tyco and is the main focus of internal auditing this year). I'm looking forward to it but I am a bit nervous.
However, I plan on loosing myself in The Princess Bride (on AMC) in the meantime.

3 Comments:
"It's not that bad . . . well, I'm not saying I'd like to build a summer home here, but the trees are actually quite lovely."
I'm glad to hear you made it through dealing with PowerPoint that much. Eek. I hope Pascagoula is treating you well! :)
Taylor, I did learn something new with powerpoint...have you ever heard of powerplugs? It is a program put out by crystalgraphics and it allows you to do some really cool 3D transititions between slides. Jan (pronouced Yawn b/c he's from Germany) made the crowd gasp several times during his presentation on Germany using Powerplugs. Very cool. I mean, cool for someone whose entire week revolved around powerpoint.
Post a Comment
<< Home