Friday, June 11, 2004

It's going to be how hot???

I recieved next week's weather forcast for my trip to Palm Springs, CA. Wow. It sure is nice of the weather to jump from the mid 90's to an average of 105 for the week. From what I understand, 105 will still be an improvement over the temps during last years off-site convention. I plan on staying inside in the hospitality room as much as possible and I'm damn glad I chose to get the massage/facial instead of golf (i mean, come on). I think that I am still going to claim a finger injury as the reason for my bad bowling game (team building excerises, I'm on the VP's bowling team).

Mary and Richard made me very jealous with their purchase of ACL Fest tickets. I wanna go. I have a feeling that if they do end up going, I will also end up in Austin that weekend. I miss Austin. It's such a great city. I really want to take some time a go back to explore all the things that I didn't do when I lived there.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

What are some of the things that you didn't do that you would do if you came back to visit?

2:13 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I'm all about pretending I'm a visitor when people come to visit. Come visit! I still need to see Barton Springs, Hamilton Pool, the Christmas Lights at Zilker, the sculpture garden, and so on and so forth.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Chad - Carrie named several things that I'd like to see, but I also want to throw in Alamo Draft House, The Salt Lick and any ACL event.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Mary) I'm sorry that I never got to spin under the Zilker Tree...although I suspect that the lights on 35th (34th or 38th or some other street altogether, I can never remember) are a way more kick-ass thing to do in Austin for Christmas, and I did get to do that several times. I miss taking walks around town lake, SoCo, Mozarts/Spider House, and, last but not least, the abundance of good bar bq. That's just not something Michigan has a lot of (or any of, really). Oh, and I'd sell an internal organ to go to an Alamo Drafthouse even again.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got dibs on Erin when she comes in...I got a futon with your name on it.

mo

3:40 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Can you really "call dibs" on a person?

8:18 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Yes Carrie, you can call dibs on someone (atleast you can on me). I'm looking at maybe making a trip at the end of August, around the 18th or so...i'll let ya'll know.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home