(sung off-key) Up, Up and Away In My Beautiful, My Beautiful Balloooooonnnnn....
As Claire mentioned, the Baloonfest is in Baton Rouge this weekend. I spent a great deal of time sitting on the tailgate of my dad's truck watching the balloons float by our house. The first 50 or so that we saw were a little distance away. Close enough to make out the designs on them (like the tooth and the partridges), but not close enough to actually see the people inside. After a while, it didn't look like anymore were coming so we went in and ate mom's saturday morning biscuits. As mom and I were doing the dishes, we heard one of the balloons outside. We rushed outside to see two balloons hovering just feet above our house! We were shocked that they managed to clear the oak tree we have in our front yard. As one of them passed over our neighbors house, we heard the guy say "Good Morning" to our neighbors in their backyard. One of the balloons landed in the empty lot behind their house.
After that, Renee' and I jumped into her car and tracked down the rest of the balloons landing on the levee. I'll post pictures soon, I just need to find the cord to download them onto my computer (I hate moving).
After that, Renee' and I jumped into her car and tracked down the rest of the balloons landing on the levee. I'll post pictures soon, I just need to find the cord to download them onto my computer (I hate moving).

5 Comments:
(mo) whoa. you're kidding me. your mom makes saturday morning biscuits?
yep, every saturday. biscuits and strawberry fig jelly. ymmmm
why have I never been at your house on a Saturday morning? I love me some biscuits.
(Mary) I miss your biscuits, Carrie. The only other person I know who makes homemade biscuits besides you is my grandmother.
In other breakfast pastry news (I love that we, as a people, have breakfast pastry news), the sticky fingers instant scone mix at World Market is pretty great, and you only need to add water! A few of those with some lemod curd (also found at World Market) is a great breakfast.
Yeah, Carrie, your biscuits are quite tasty. (hint hint) :)
Post a Comment
<< Home