Movie Star
Hey guys - I know that most of you will be in Austin for the ACL Fest, but for those of you who will be or could be in the BR area, this sounds like fun...any takers?
Also, Maureen, I was wrong when I told you that they had been doing the pajama game for the last few years. This is only the 2nd year that they've done it. Renee' insists that they try to resurrect the tradition every few years, but haven't been very sucessful in the past...(she said the words "pajama game" with the same disdain in her voice that she has for the poncho fad that is going on right now)
GEAUX TIGERS!
Also, Maureen, I was wrong when I told you that they had been doing the pajama game for the last few years. This is only the 2nd year that they've done it. Renee' insists that they try to resurrect the tradition every few years, but haven't been very sucessful in the past...(she said the words "pajama game" with the same disdain in her voice that she has for the poncho fad that is going on right now)
GEAUX TIGERS!

9 Comments:
(Mary) The pajama game?
Hope you had a lovely Labor Day weekend. I just wanted to let you know that a little sumthin' sumthin' is coming your way at the end of this week. So, if you get a package, relax, it isn't a bomb. Not this time, anyway.
Yeah, Amanda once, as a suprise, sent us some tea that she knew I liked. Erin and I spent quite a bit of time on the balcony with the box listening to it and poking it with a stick. Then after we got up the nerve to open it, there was no note saying who it was from, just tea. My favorite tea. The only tea I like. Tea that Amanda had introduced us to, but that I couldn't find at the grocery store. Naturally I assumed someone had been following my life very closely and had come up with a clever ploy to trick me into drinking poison. (I'm sure Erin encouraged this thought process in some way, but I can't really pinpoint how.) Then, Amanda called to ask if we'd gotten the tea she'd sent. Which I have to admit was both a pleasant relief and a bit of a downer. A pleasant relief because surprise tea rocks. But a bit of a downer because suprise tea is much less exciting than suprise poison tea that you were clever enough to avoid drinking.
(Mo) Yeah, Amanda once, as a suprise, sent us some tea that she knew I liked. Erin and I spent quite a bit of time on the balcony with the box listening to it and poking it with a stick. Then after we got up the nerve to open it, there was no note saying who it was from, just tea. My favorite tea. The only tea I like. Tea that Amanda had introduced us to, but that I couldn't find at the grocery store. Naturally I assumed someone had been following my life very closely and had come up with a clever ploy to trick me into drinking poison. (I'm sure Erin encouraged this thought process in some way, but I can't really pinpoint how.) Then, Amanda called to ask if we'd gotten the tea she'd sent. Which I have to admit was both a pleasant relief and a bit of a downer. A pleasant relief because surprise tea rocks. But a bit of a downer because suprise tea is much less exciting than suprise poison tea that you were clever enough to avoid drinking.
Yeah, Amanda once, as a surprise, sent us some tea that she knew I liked. Erin and I spent quite a bit of time on the balcony with the box, listening to it and poking it with a stick.
Then, after we got up the nerve to open it, there was no note saying who it was from, just tea. My favorite tea. The only tea I like. Tea that Amanda had introduced us to, but that I couldn't find at the grocery store.
Naturally I assumed someone had been following my life very closely and had come up with a clever ploy to trick me into drinking poison. (I'm sure Erin encouraged this thought process in some way, but I can't really pinpoint how.)
Then, Amanda called to ask if we'd received the tea she'd sent. I have to admit, this was both a pleasant relief and a bit of a downer. A pleasant relief because surprise tea rocks. But a bit of a downer because surprise tea is much less exciting than surprise poison tea that you were clever enough to avoid drinking.
*sigh* how embarassing. sorry about that. - mo
Yeah, Amanda once, as a surprise, sent us some tea that she knew I liked. Erin and I spent quite a bit of time on the balcony with the box, listening to it and poking it with a stick.
Then, after we got up the nerve to open it, there was no note saying who it was from, just tea. My favorite tea. The only tea I like. Tea that Amanda had introduced us to, but that I couldn't find at the grocery store.
Naturally I assumed someone had been following my life very closely and had come up with a clever ploy to trick me into drinking poison. (I'm sure Erin encouraged this thought process in some way, but I can't really pinpoint how.)
Then, Amanda called to ask if we'd received the tea she'd sent. I have to admit, this was both a pleasant relief and a bit of a downer. A pleasant relief because surprise tea rocks. But a bit of a downer because surprise tea is much less exciting than surprise poison tea that you were clever enough to avoid drinking.
umm, Maureen?
Wow. I'm assuming that was really frustrating...
(Mary) What kind of tea was it? I didn't know there was any tea you liked.
Mary, it was a particular brand of rasberry green tea. It came in a green box.
Erin, I don't know what happened. They just kept appearing. Days after I attempted to post, even.
Post a Comment
<< Home