Bio Lab
I just got an email from a guy asking for help with his bio lab project...aparently, he thinks I'm his group member. Me working on a biology project. That would be a bad idea!
The semester Business Career Fair was last night. Wow. What an uncomfortable event. Career days in general are often painful, but the business one can be especially bad. You have to dress in business suits, pantyhose and heels...yuck. Then you walk around and stare uncomfortably at presenters who are not necessarily wearing business dress (I think its unfair to make us dress up in suits if they can wear kaikis or jeans). In addition, there is an Internal Audit only room (highly intimidating). It wasn't too bad last night b/c a lot of students that accepted positions with the companies they interned with were recruiting. It was much less intimidating to walk up to them and then be introduced to the recruiters. I did make some good contacts about a potential internship next summer and handed out 4 or 5 resumes to various companies. Yeah for me! I feel like a grown-up.
The semester Business Career Fair was last night. Wow. What an uncomfortable event. Career days in general are often painful, but the business one can be especially bad. You have to dress in business suits, pantyhose and heels...yuck. Then you walk around and stare uncomfortably at presenters who are not necessarily wearing business dress (I think its unfair to make us dress up in suits if they can wear kaikis or jeans). In addition, there is an Internal Audit only room (highly intimidating). It wasn't too bad last night b/c a lot of students that accepted positions with the companies they interned with were recruiting. It was much less intimidating to walk up to them and then be introduced to the recruiters. I did make some good contacts about a potential internship next summer and handed out 4 or 5 resumes to various companies. Yeah for me! I feel like a grown-up.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home