Meet Susan
I have decided that next time I decide to buy a car, I'm making someone else do the shopping for me. I really didn't enjoy the process this time (probably because I did more this time than simply point and say "give me"). I've had my fill of pushy salesmen (Mazda was AWFUL).
I did purchase a new vehicle. Her name is "Susan the Fusion" and she is a Ford Fusion. I call her "Susan" for short. I decided to stay away from the hybrid, for the maintenance fears alone, but liked some of the options that the 09 Fusions had (I was trying to keep the $$ down, so I gave up my leather seats and navigation. I'll miss the leather seats, but portable GPS devices are so inexpensive these days that I couldn't justify getting one for the pretty display. I stayed away from the 2010 Fusions and the Hybrids because while I had good luck with the Mariner, and no real issues, I don't want the idea of having to replace one of those batteries hanging over my head again.
I also test drove the Mercury Milan (I liked the dealership, and they were offerering a pretty good deal, almost better than Ford, until I got them to come down quite a bit) and a Mazda6. Out of the 3, I liked the way the Mazda6 drove the best, but the car was a base model (and had a standard transmission) and the asshole salesmen wouldn't come down far enough on the price. The Mercury was nice, but it ultimately came down to Ford giving me a better offer that met all of my qualifications.
So, anyway, that's the story.
I did purchase a new vehicle. Her name is "Susan the Fusion" and she is a Ford Fusion. I call her "Susan" for short. I decided to stay away from the hybrid, for the maintenance fears alone, but liked some of the options that the 09 Fusions had (I was trying to keep the $$ down, so I gave up my leather seats and navigation. I'll miss the leather seats, but portable GPS devices are so inexpensive these days that I couldn't justify getting one for the pretty display. I stayed away from the 2010 Fusions and the Hybrids because while I had good luck with the Mariner, and no real issues, I don't want the idea of having to replace one of those batteries hanging over my head again.
I also test drove the Mercury Milan (I liked the dealership, and they were offerering a pretty good deal, almost better than Ford, until I got them to come down quite a bit) and a Mazda6. Out of the 3, I liked the way the Mazda6 drove the best, but the car was a base model (and had a standard transmission) and the asshole salesmen wouldn't come down far enough on the price. The Mercury was nice, but it ultimately came down to Ford giving me a better offer that met all of my qualifications.
So, anyway, that's the story.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home