Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 16

I have successfully completed 16 days of P90X....only 74 more to go!

I have to say, the second week was much better than the first. Not only was I able to complete the videos and (to some extent) keep up with the pace they maintain in the videos, but I was able to push myself to complete full sets of reps. I also wasn't as sore as the first week....that was hell. I still feel like i'm getting a workout, and I have little twinges of discomfort of soreness, but I can actually sit up in bed without having to pull my body up by climbing the headboard. I am keeping track of everything that i do (well, not the cardio days) and I'm striving to push myself further each time I work out.

Working out in the mornings has worked well for me. The only day it doesn't work is Yoga day, but only because the video is a half hour longer than the other videos. Yoga is also a good relax-the-mind workout and I think it will work better in the evenings anyway....I won't have to worry about watching the clock and then rushing to work. For the days that I also have to add Ab Ripper X, I get more out of both workouts if I wait to do Ab Ripper in the evenings. There are still a couple of exercises on that video that I don't like, but I'm getting better at all the others. I use the pause button quite a bit (which they encourage), but I can do all the reps I want when I'm moving at my own pace.

This morning's workout was Plyometrics. I struggled through it....for some reason my heartrate was going sky high, but i pushed myself until i felt the burn in each exercise and I'm happy with that. My legs feel a bit tired right now, but they should loosen up as the day goes on.

In terms of results, I have noticed some changes. I haven't lost any weight, but my close are fitting looser, my stomach is flatter, and my thighs are slimmer. Two weeks in - you can't complain about that. I'm not necessarily concerned with losing weight. I think Weight Watchers put me at a weight that's manageable. I also know that I'm building muscle, so I'm perfectly content with allowing the number on the scale to stay the same, as long as the body fat % continues to decrease. These aren't big changes, but I've noticed them and that's all that I need to stay motivated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home