Monday, March 09, 2009

Vacation Recap

I have decided that next time I take a week off, just to stay at home and lay on the couch, I'm telling the folks at work that I am touring Europe or staying in a cabin in the middle of the woods, completely cut-off from civilization (that's right, just me, the bears, and the vampires).

I took a week of vacation last week, that actually really kinda sucked. I worked all day Monday and most of Tuesday (from home, in my PJs, but still!), got an eye exam on Tuesday afternoon by a really cute ophthalmologist that makes me want to purposely ruin my 20/20 vision so I can go back for another exam, was on house arrest on Wednesday waiting for the fire-place repair men (who didn't show up until 5pm), under room-arrest on Thursday, trying to avoid my sick roommate, and had a flat tire on Friday, while trying to find a bike shop that apparently doesn't actually exist.

There were highlights to the week (in addition to the cute doctor): $15 mountain bike shoes from REI, a new windshield, and the flat tire was easily fixable (and free!). I also started and completed my first week of P90x. Today was day 8, and I worked out this morning before work. It's going to take me a while to adjust to waking up early for workouts, as I was ready to pass out at my desk this morning around 9:30. So far, everything with that is going well. I'm able to do more during this second round through the videos and I'm not as sore as I was last week, although I did pull a muscle in my abs last night doing push-ups (in addition to the calf muscle i pulled on Thursday), but it feels a lot better today, so I don't think that's going to stick with me for long.


Essentially, I need a vacation, and I really want to get away, away from everyone and everything and just relax. Is there a place like that in existence? Isn't there someplace in Montana I can go (in the summer, of course)?


UPDATE: I meant to also mention that while my week sucked, my weekend was pretty great. No, I did not have a random run in with a sharp pencil giving me an excuse to go back to the cute doc, or a random run in with the cute doc himself, but I did have a good weekend none the less. My sister came in from Germany for a visit, and I spent a good part of Saturday & Sunday driving through parking lots and catching up with her. She brought her dog, which was a treat, because he's a sweet, sweet, dog. In comparison to our other poodles, Justice has always seemed big (he's a miniature poodle, but with long legs), however, in comparison to the 50 lb boxer at home and my other sisters 100 lb lab, he's incredibly tiny (and a big-ole fur ball right now). It was good to see both of them, and I look forward to another quick visit with her next weekend before she heads to DC and then back to Germany.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home