3 and then a 4
Days 3 & 4 went pretty well. I ended up doing my workouts a little late, at a time that I would be doing them if i waited until after work. While that may be good for releiving some of the stress of work, I don't think its going to work in the long term. I get too keyed up working out and would probably have issues sleeping if I did that on a regular basis. I am on vacation this week, so I am able to figure out what works best. I think, for me, early morning workouts will be my best bet.
Day 3 was Shoulders/Arms and Ab Ripper. I really liked the shoulder & arms workout and I enjoyed the Ab Ripper a little more this second go through than I did the first day. I was able to take my time and complete the full reps of each exercise courtesy of the pause button. I still have to take breaks, otherwise its too painful. The exercises are intense, to say the very least.
Day 4 was Yoga. I've done a lot of pilates in the past few years, and I figured it would be similar to that. I have to say, for me, I didn't really enjoy the yoga. I like pilates because it has variety, whereas Yoga (or at least this video) goes through the same motions, adding to them in each round. I understand its benefit though, so I will continue to do it each week. My sister said it was her least favorite workout of the bunch and I have a feeling that it may be mine also. We'll see as it goes along.
Today is Kenpo, which is billed as a kickboxing type workout. It is supposed to be pretty fun, so I've got my fingers crossed that I will really enjoy it.
wish me luck.
Day 3 was Shoulders/Arms and Ab Ripper. I really liked the shoulder & arms workout and I enjoyed the Ab Ripper a little more this second go through than I did the first day. I was able to take my time and complete the full reps of each exercise courtesy of the pause button. I still have to take breaks, otherwise its too painful. The exercises are intense, to say the very least.
Day 4 was Yoga. I've done a lot of pilates in the past few years, and I figured it would be similar to that. I have to say, for me, I didn't really enjoy the yoga. I like pilates because it has variety, whereas Yoga (or at least this video) goes through the same motions, adding to them in each round. I understand its benefit though, so I will continue to do it each week. My sister said it was her least favorite workout of the bunch and I have a feeling that it may be mine also. We'll see as it goes along.
Today is Kenpo, which is billed as a kickboxing type workout. It is supposed to be pretty fun, so I've got my fingers crossed that I will really enjoy it.
wish me luck.

3 Comments:
This sounds great! Keep it up!
Reading about all of this exercise is making me hungry. Good thing there's charity chocolate bars for sale in the lunch room. :)
For reals, though, this sounds like a great workout routine, and the fact that you can do it from home is especially appealing. I'm ordinarily pretty good about getting to the gym three times a week, but when we have bad winter storms that make the roads unpassable, a good home workout would be a nice alternative.
Thanks for the support! It's appreciated!
Unfortunately, charity chocolate bars on the nutrition plan, however, when you can burn 900 calories in a workout (specifically Plyometrics), I think you can sneak in a few pieces of chocolate. :) I am not strictly following the nutrition plan, but i am incorporating the ideas of it into my diet. I'm trying to limit (and avoid) the carbs that are my weakness, and take in a higher protein diet, but if even if I fall off the diet and eat something I shouldn't, I am still going to end up in good shape at the end of this. I'm not going to go crazy with food.
Post a Comment
<< Home