That's the way it is
I've had another phone call about this perceived alteration in my behavior. This time it was a young man who tried to sound aloof in general. He swore up and down he didn't care one way or the other, but it was all he wanted to talk about. Really, if you take the trouble to interrupt my day, at least develop a little self-awareness before you do. If I spent my day sharing objective truths with everyone who couldn't see the tip of his nose on a sunny day I really wouldn't have time for me.
I know you can't see the tip of your nose clearly unaided, but you do know its there, don't you? Now you've gone and made me violate my resolution. Enough. Absolutely enough. I'll take no more phone calls on this subject, and certainly no more phone calls where the caller claims its not the subject when its plain as his imposition that it is.
And don't get me started how disappointing it is to hear from so many who've got me pegged as whatever it is you've got me pegged as. Silent perhaps. It just makes me want to say something truly reactionary. Thankfully, my impeccable breeding just won't allow it.
I know you can't see the tip of your nose clearly unaided, but you do know its there, don't you? Now you've gone and made me violate my resolution. Enough. Absolutely enough. I'll take no more phone calls on this subject, and certainly no more phone calls where the caller claims its not the subject when its plain as his imposition that it is.
And don't get me started how disappointing it is to hear from so many who've got me pegged as whatever it is you've got me pegged as. Silent perhaps. It just makes me want to say something truly reactionary. Thankfully, my impeccable breeding just won't allow it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home