Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Welcome Rocky

So, I guess I should update. Its been too long and too much has gone on to mention it all, so let me give a couple of recaps. My shoes finally did get the best of me a few weeks ago and I fell, not down the scary steel building stairs, but down the (very public) brick stairs in front of the client's building. It was a different pair of shoes, with a shorter heel, that got caught in a crack and tripped me up. It was a spectacular fall, complete with purse going one direction, sun glasses going another, and me just going down. Fortunately, I wasn’t hurt. Just a few bruises to my knees and ego.

This past weekend, I totaled my car. I was heading to my sister’s house on Saturday morning, when a car several cars in front of me almost hit a stalled truck on the side of the road. They slammed on their brakes and swerved, causing a chain reaction of slamming brakes. I slammed on mine and skidded (it was drizzling) straight into the back of the stalled out truck. It was an old rusted ford pick up with a steel bumper. I was initially surprised that it didn’t just fall apart when I slammed into it, but poor Lucille took all the damage and was officially totaled out by my insurance company yesterday. You can see a dent in the trucks bumper, but I’m not so sure that I put it there. Fortunately, no one was hurt. It could have been really bad b/c the truck’s owner was standing outside his truck and his wife was sitting inside. I probably wasn’t going as fast as I think I was, but the airbag didn’t go off, so I probably escaped some injury there. I have a couple of bruises from the seat belt, but they are healing nicely.

So, in typical Erin “high speed-impatient” style, I picked up a new vehicle from the dealership last night! I bought a 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid. It’s a small SUV that gives me great gas mileage and a little more room than my Stratus. I’ve named her “Rocky”. She’s really spectacular and has everything I wanted (well, atleast the top 5 -6 things). Now I just need to actually figure out how different she will need to be treated b/c of the hybrid thing. I have a lot to learn. I think I’m going to take Melissa’s advice and sit down with the owner’s manual and a glass of wine!

And that's all I have. :D

5 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

eek! Glad you weren't more badly injured. Enjoy the new wheels!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to make this all about me. Can I make a confession? I have so much to say, which is exactly why I know I should keep my big mouth shut.

Starting now.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Carlos?

11:38 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks Claudia!

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should hand over your login information to me and let me update your blog for a while. For one thing, you clearly need a ghostwriter, and while I know I would grow tired sharing details of my non-existent life with the world, I don't think I will so quickly grow tired of sharing details of your life as I imagine it with the world. Besides, I predict it would only take a week for you to be so horrified with what I say that you remove my privileges.


What do you say?

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home