Quiet Weekend
Over all, that's what the weekend was....quiet. I was originally planning on going to the Jewelry Show in New Orleans this weekend with my Mom, but the plans fell through and I decided to make the trip home for the first time in a couple of weeks.
My sister and brother-in-law will be moving to Houston in a few weeks. They closed on a house here, about 30 minutes away from me, in Cypress. For those of you who have made the Br to Austin trek, and remember passing Cy-Fair High School on 290, they will be living up in that area. I'm sure I'll move closer to them once Greg steals my roommate. There are a few things that have to be done to the house before they move in, so they sent me a big laundry list of things to do there this weekend...some standard stuff, some non-standard stuff. I was excited to get to check out the house, as I had not seen it yet, so I headed over there bright and early on Saturday morning.
That really was the highlight of my weekend...after that, I drove around town running errands, then went home to finish up some work for the week. I'm heading back to NOLA tomorrow and I'm hoping to catch up with Jerry tomorrow night for drinks or dinner...I think my workload will be pretty light this week, so I should be able to get out early. I fly back on Tuesday night, then head up to Longview on Wednesday morning for the family Thanksgiving. After that I'm looking forward to spending a few days at home before I get on the road again.
I hope everyone has a good week, safe travels, and a Happy Thanksgiving!
My sister and brother-in-law will be moving to Houston in a few weeks. They closed on a house here, about 30 minutes away from me, in Cypress. For those of you who have made the Br to Austin trek, and remember passing Cy-Fair High School on 290, they will be living up in that area. I'm sure I'll move closer to them once Greg steals my roommate. There are a few things that have to be done to the house before they move in, so they sent me a big laundry list of things to do there this weekend...some standard stuff, some non-standard stuff. I was excited to get to check out the house, as I had not seen it yet, so I headed over there bright and early on Saturday morning.
That really was the highlight of my weekend...after that, I drove around town running errands, then went home to finish up some work for the week. I'm heading back to NOLA tomorrow and I'm hoping to catch up with Jerry tomorrow night for drinks or dinner...I think my workload will be pretty light this week, so I should be able to get out early. I fly back on Tuesday night, then head up to Longview on Wednesday morning for the family Thanksgiving. After that I'm looking forward to spending a few days at home before I get on the road again.
I hope everyone has a good week, safe travels, and a Happy Thanksgiving!

2 Comments:
My parents and several of my sisters live off of 290 at Barker Cypress, and I went to school in the Cypress-Fairbanks school district. What a coinky-dink.
I've always meant to ask you what part of Houston you were from! My sisters and I grew up in the Humble/Kingwood area, so this is a new part of town for us. Its very nice over there....I'm excited!
Post a Comment
<< Home