Friday, November 10, 2006

Yeah, so that goal of posting once a day was foolish.

Things have been busy in the past few weeks....what can I say? Nothing excited is really happening and I've been putting long hours in at work. We're in our "busy" season right now and have a required 50 hour work weeks...chargable work weeks, which really means (especially with the travel) that I'm working 60-65 hour work weeks. So, not much excitement can sneak in.

I did manage to sneak away last week to my favorite casino and win $1000 playing penny slots. That was fun. I really need to get ahold of that gambling hotline number. This could become a problem with me. The two other Houston people that travel here (NOLA) have rolled off the project leaving me by myself in the hotel. I think I just need to ramp up my excersise routine and break all of my bad habits. I think if I have a goal to focus on, I'll be good.

I'm heading to Baton Rouge in a few minutes. I have to drop a coworker off at the airport and then i'm on my way to my parents house. Greg has invited me to the game this weekend, so I'm looking forward to spending some time with him and Maureen as well as my parents.

My plans for the next few weeks are a bit unruly at the moment, but it looks like I'll be spending Thankgiving in Longview with Carrie, Larry and the kids. After that I return to NOLA for a week (maybe a couple more, I'm not sure at the moment) and then I'm heading to Ann Arbor to visit the Vath's for a weekend. I'm really hoping that there will be snow. Mary has guaranteed me chilly tempetures, but dammit....I want snow! Even if I don't get to have a snowball fight (I'm assuming this will be with Loki, b/c Mary sure as hell could kick my ass in any fight and so I know better than to even try), I know I'll have a fantastic time visiting with friends that I don't get to see very often. Oh, and maybe we'll start planning the Vegas trip for next year!

3 Comments:

Blogger richard said...

We're looking forward to your visit!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I'm eagerly anticipating it too!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Damn....Richard, I figure you too could kick my ass in a snowball fight....have any 5-yr-old neighbors?

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home