Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Oh…that’s just the goats.

Not much has been going on since I last updated this thing….I’ve managed to *finally* get my car registered in Texas (once again). It rained most of my week of vacation, so getting the car inspected was a bit of a challenge. Unfortunately, I only had enough time to get my car registered that week. I was not able to switch my license over until yesterday. I spent 3 ½ hours at the DMV…part of it outside in the hot, blaring, Texas sun. One plus in the entire experience was that since my car was originally registered and titled in TX and the fact that I had a TX driver’s license at the time, I didn’t have to pay the normal “new resident” fees and got out of the experience only spending around $100. For the hours and hours of entertainment provided to me while standing in line, that’s not too bad.

One other thing that I managed to accomplish during my week of vacation was purchasing a sparkling new wig. Okay, its not sparkling (how great would that be….maybe my next one). It actually combines my normal haircut with Melissa’s old one…you know, the short “Melissa” hair she had in college. It was a really hard step to take to walk into that store, but the sales clerk was nice and helped me find something I’m comfortable with, even if my niece calls it a “rug.” You can totally see the Fontenot in her now….she’s way too much of a smartass for being a 4-year-old. She must get it from me. I think I was about her age when I called my Uncle Clyde a Turkey and wished him a happy birthday (it wasn’t his birthday, it was Thanksgiving). I was a bratty four-year-old. My sisters will tell you that I was a bratty child. (Don’t listen to them, they’re c-r-a-z-y).

I flew into NOLA last night. As I was sitting on the plane, waiting for everyone to finish boarding, I looked out my window and could see the last few bags being loaded into the plane. I also noticed a large pet carrier that was to be loaded. I couldn’t figure out what was in the carrier….it looked like goats, but I’ve never heard of anyone shipping a goat on a commercial airline….but alas, it was in fact, a couple of goats. Poor things….I’d hate to have to fly in the cargo hold of a large jet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I wonder if the goats will run into any snakes on that plane. HEY! I think I just thought of one hell of a sequel...

11:07 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

No. No snakes. And no mice.

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home