Going a Litte Fast
Well, it looks like Taylor isn't the only one who has trouble updating his blog regularly lately. Although, he has always been much better than me at this, I've gotten really bad since I started traveling nonstop.
New Orleans has been great. I've been there for two weeks, and I love the project that I'm working on there. The project isn't as big as the last one that I was working on (at least in terms of people), but the work is steady and keeping me busy.
I've got this week off, thanks to 4 extra summer holidays to be schedule at our convenience and I'm working at getting things done in Houston that I've been putting off. Apparently, for too long. I've been slow in getting my car registered and that caught up with me yesterday. Just a note, for any of you who drive around the Houston area....there is a speed trap on the Dallas/Pierce exit of I-45. I knew this. Its there constantly. They pulled me over yesterday for going 50 in a 40. I don't consider that speeding when there are only 2 other cars on the road who are going around the same speed. I guess I was going the fastest out of the 3, so I'm the one that got flagged down. I did pretty well for my first speeding ticket...I ended up with 4 violations...speeding, not notifying the DMV about an address change, not having a front license plate and obscuring my back license plate (I have an LSU plate holder). The last two just piss me off....If my car is registered in Louisiana, which doesn't have rules on obscuring the plate with a holder and doesn't even have front plates, how can you give me a ticket for that??? Anyway, the cop told me that once I registered my car, i could get the ticket dismissed. That's my first priority for this week (and figuring out how I'm going to get to come back in town for my court date). Other projects for the week include a dentist appointment, dropping off all the goodwill donation stuff we've had sitting in our hallway since we moved in, and wig shoppping. Wish me luck.
Other than that, not much going on here. I'm preparing for a 3 week on the road stint starting next week, heading to New Orleans for the weeks and to Baton Rouge for the weekends. My parents are in Germany right now, visiting my sister, Renee, and will get back to the states next week. My sister, Carrie, and her family are driving in from Longview to visit them the following weekend, so I'll be heading up to join them. The following weekend, Melissa may be in town, so I'll be going back to try and catch up with her.
Alright, back to cleaning up this apartment...and maybe some decorating (Maureen is out of town...hmmm....is it too early for a Christmas tree???)
New Orleans has been great. I've been there for two weeks, and I love the project that I'm working on there. The project isn't as big as the last one that I was working on (at least in terms of people), but the work is steady and keeping me busy.
I've got this week off, thanks to 4 extra summer holidays to be schedule at our convenience and I'm working at getting things done in Houston that I've been putting off. Apparently, for too long. I've been slow in getting my car registered and that caught up with me yesterday. Just a note, for any of you who drive around the Houston area....there is a speed trap on the Dallas/Pierce exit of I-45. I knew this. Its there constantly. They pulled me over yesterday for going 50 in a 40. I don't consider that speeding when there are only 2 other cars on the road who are going around the same speed. I guess I was going the fastest out of the 3, so I'm the one that got flagged down. I did pretty well for my first speeding ticket...I ended up with 4 violations...speeding, not notifying the DMV about an address change, not having a front license plate and obscuring my back license plate (I have an LSU plate holder). The last two just piss me off....If my car is registered in Louisiana, which doesn't have rules on obscuring the plate with a holder and doesn't even have front plates, how can you give me a ticket for that??? Anyway, the cop told me that once I registered my car, i could get the ticket dismissed. That's my first priority for this week (and figuring out how I'm going to get to come back in town for my court date). Other projects for the week include a dentist appointment, dropping off all the goodwill donation stuff we've had sitting in our hallway since we moved in, and wig shoppping. Wish me luck.
Other than that, not much going on here. I'm preparing for a 3 week on the road stint starting next week, heading to New Orleans for the weeks and to Baton Rouge for the weekends. My parents are in Germany right now, visiting my sister, Renee, and will get back to the states next week. My sister, Carrie, and her family are driving in from Longview to visit them the following weekend, so I'll be heading up to join them. The following weekend, Melissa may be in town, so I'll be going back to try and catch up with her.
Alright, back to cleaning up this apartment...and maybe some decorating (Maureen is out of town...hmmm....is it too early for a Christmas tree???)

3 Comments:
I've got a giant, shiny MHL can I think would make a lovely decoration. I believe Maureen left it at our place by mistake...it really should be at Jerry's.
DAMN HIM.
War.
Maybe someone would be kind enough to return it to Jerry, then. Just a thought.
-mo
Post a Comment
<< Home