Look Out New Orleans
Well, I'm done with Kentucky...well....almost. I'm heading to New Orleans on Monday, but instead of flying back to Houston next Friday, I might be heading back to KY. Maybe. A big maybe, but I'm lucky to have a maybe. If it turns out that I don't have to go back, I'll stay in NOLA for the weekend. I'm hoping that is how it turns out. But, I'm in Houston for this weekend, so I'm going to enjoy my weekend, get a pedicure and prepare for 2 solid weeks on the road either way.
I went to the doctor today to get my monthly 80 or so cortisone shots in the scalp, but I only ended up getting about 20-25 today. Am I getting better? Eh. Yes and no. I don't really have any new areas and some of my hair is growing back, but some of the older areas are getting a little bigger and some of the new hair has fallen out. It will all come back, but its not going to be that pretty for a while. The doctor is trying a new course of action...less shots and one big cortisone shot in my hip. We're hoping that this course of action will kick my immune system back into gear and stop this from getting worse. Hopefully this will work. I've also read about an aromatherapy treatment that may help and I think I'm going to try it. Since it's a disease that the medical world doesn't really know all that much about, alternative treatments should be worth trying.
Gretchen went to the Humble High School class reunion last weekend (It was her husbands reunion) and ran into a bunch of our old friends. We're trying to figure out how to get me into the Class of '97 reunion next year. I may just have to show up...ticket (and alumni designation) be damned. I have to admit, I think that I'm looking forward to that more than my own. ;)
I went to the doctor today to get my monthly 80 or so cortisone shots in the scalp, but I only ended up getting about 20-25 today. Am I getting better? Eh. Yes and no. I don't really have any new areas and some of my hair is growing back, but some of the older areas are getting a little bigger and some of the new hair has fallen out. It will all come back, but its not going to be that pretty for a while. The doctor is trying a new course of action...less shots and one big cortisone shot in my hip. We're hoping that this course of action will kick my immune system back into gear and stop this from getting worse. Hopefully this will work. I've also read about an aromatherapy treatment that may help and I think I'm going to try it. Since it's a disease that the medical world doesn't really know all that much about, alternative treatments should be worth trying.
Gretchen went to the Humble High School class reunion last weekend (It was her husbands reunion) and ran into a bunch of our old friends. We're trying to figure out how to get me into the Class of '97 reunion next year. I may just have to show up...ticket (and alumni designation) be damned. I have to admit, I think that I'm looking forward to that more than my own. ;)

2 Comments:
Are you going to be in NOLA for the 4th? Melissa, Jerry, and I will be in town.
I may be in the area, but I've got a denist appointment early on the 5th, so I'll have to travel back to Houston at somepoint on the fourth. Maybe we can meet up at some point during the weekend?
Post a Comment
<< Home