Deep in the Heart of Texas.....
Hello all….I have been absolutely awful at updating this thing since I started this job almost 10 months ago. I have been traveling 100% for the last 9 months (I have only spent 1 full week here during that time period) and I’m afraid that with staying that busy, nothing ever really exciting happens. I guess I could share the little stories….like the time I walked into the women’s restroom at IAH and found a small Korean man (or maybe a small, very hairy, Korean woman) standing at the counter shaving. To give him credit, it was early in the morning and I myself walked out of the restroom just to make sure I was in the right one.
I could also give a review of almost every Marriott hotel in NOLA (Marriott level & better…no courtyard’s for me.).
I could share my stories from the romp down Bourbon street on Friday night with 6 guys and a girl (all from New York/New Jersey)….I was only supposed to meet them for a drink, but somehow, 4am came way too quickly. It was a pretty rough evening…..10+ shots of whatever coupled with about 6 beers (one for each bar we went in to)…and yes, that was just my take (really, I think Richard’s on to something with this “dancing through the drunkness thing). Eventually, I made it back to my hotel….tracked down a Marriott employee to re-magnitize my dead key card and stumbled into bed…..i got in about 1 ½ hours of sleep before I had to get up and head to the airport to catch my 8am flight. Man…..I won’t tell you how good (read: ass-awful) I felt that morning.
Anyway, that’s about it for now. I’m finally back in Houston for a few weeks (4 in total, I believe). After that, I’ll spend a week in Lubbock, TX and then head back to NOLA.
Whoo hooo.
I could also give a review of almost every Marriott hotel in NOLA (Marriott level & better…no courtyard’s for me.).
I could share my stories from the romp down Bourbon street on Friday night with 6 guys and a girl (all from New York/New Jersey)….I was only supposed to meet them for a drink, but somehow, 4am came way too quickly. It was a pretty rough evening…..10+ shots of whatever coupled with about 6 beers (one for each bar we went in to)…and yes, that was just my take (really, I think Richard’s on to something with this “dancing through the drunkness thing). Eventually, I made it back to my hotel….tracked down a Marriott employee to re-magnitize my dead key card and stumbled into bed…..i got in about 1 ½ hours of sleep before I had to get up and head to the airport to catch my 8am flight. Man…..I won’t tell you how good (read: ass-awful) I felt that morning.
Anyway, that’s about it for now. I’m finally back in Houston for a few weeks (4 in total, I believe). After that, I’ll spend a week in Lubbock, TX and then head back to NOLA.
Whoo hooo.

1 Comments:
it is a good strategy, and i'm glad it worked for you. sounds like a crazy night.
Post a Comment
<< Home